• 7(current)
Deprecated Addon Tag overview
For anyone who might have the same problem:
I finally figured out, what my problem was: it was my MSQL-Database – or that TagOverview didn’t fit to the database schema that I’m actually running.
First of all, because I once gave version 16 (Jarvis) a try bevor switching Kodi back to v15 (Isengard), there by now existed a myvideos99 instance on MYSQL – and TagOverview doesn’t detect the correct dateabase instance but only takes the last one. So after deleting the currently unused myvideos 99-instance with HeidiSQL, TagOverview could open the correct one (_93).
But my myvideos 93-schema seems to be different to the schema TagOverview wants to see. I had problems with the views:
TagOverview was looking for episodeview and movieview etc. whereas they are actually named episode_view and movie_view (with an underline). Also, the fieldnames where different (idtag vs tag_id etc.)

I really don’t know, whereas my 93-schema is correct. Well at least KODI (Isengard) is working on it. So I altered the scipts of TagOverview and replaced the wrong view and fieldnames by the correct ones. And now it’s working again!!! Smile
I even can call the script with the simple keyboard.xml without any need to use the json-call.

So thank you all folks. Because you kept saying, that it works for you, I diged into the logs and finally found the cause (on my system).
(2016-04-03, 17:20)mlangguth Wrote: So thank you all folks. Because you kept saying, that it works for you, I diged into the logs and finally found the cause (on my system).

Good work mlangguth.
It might be worth noting that downgrading from a major version of Kodi is not recommended or supported.
But again, glad you managed to get back up and running.
@mlangguth

i post it some days before. You must use the isengard version of this addon for isengard and the jarvis version for jarvis because db table chnged.
Hi Eisi2005 and others who like this excellent little addon...

FWIW. Just a heads-up that tag overview (0.0.8 by Olivaar) is still working in Kodo 17 Krypton in the latest Alpha.
The tags are not visible until you select them which is a bummer, but other than that it is still working great so far.
I am testing the Libreelec beta that contains a Krypton Alpha. Very snappy and so far no problems. Sure I'll see some
but very promising!
best
So I guess this extremely useful addon stopped working again.
Has anyone had the time and the skill to fix it for the latest Kodi releases?
I am on Kodi 17b1. On Libre Elec if that matters.
Would be grateful for any hints to get this working again...
I am a little bit surprised that this feature has not made it into the Kodi main branch as it really is so useful.
Ah well. Hoping for this functionality one way or the other Wink
I also find this a very good addon and a must have in Kodi.
Hopefully someone can update this addon.
Hello all,

I was so happy to find this add-on today, bot so disappointed to see it's not functional with Krypton versions...

Hope it will be soon updated, or included in Kodi !

Thanks,
OK

here is a version for krypton

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/5KDDN9EOK07

it works for me with windows and a lokal db . With libreelec and MariaDB it didn´t work. Maybe it works with libreelec and a lokal db.
(2016-09-29, 14:48)Eisi2005 Wrote: OK

here is a version for krypton
it works for me with windows and a lokal db . With libreelec and MariaDB it didn´t work. Maybe it works with libreelec and a lokal db.

Thanx Eisi2005!
I am out of town and away from my HT but will test it ASAP!
Hey everyone,
This really seems like a brilliant addon, I'm still really surprised this isn't part of default Kodi. The links for addon seem dead though.
I'm thinking of helping out with the addon, if I can a new link with the source code I'll create a github page for the source so it can be more easily shared and maintained.
(2017-01-05, 17:36)itzme Wrote: Hey everyone,
This really seems like a brilliant addon, I'm still really surprised this isn't part of default Kodi. The links for addon seem dead though.
I'm thinking of helping out with the addon, if I can a new link with the source code I'll create a github page for the source so it can be more easily shared and maintained.

Hi itzme

Totally agree. It is ever so useful!
I am not a programmer in any way but would be happy to help if I can.
Perhaps start with getting you most of the versions if you need them?
If so, let me know how to get them to you?

I am using the version that Eisi 2005 posted in this thread 2016-09-29 13:48 with latest Krypton betas.
So I know it works with the latest versions of Krypton on at least Libre Elec and OSX.
It has some graphical issues but the functionality is there. FWIW
I'm assuming it is small files, so just zip up the folder and put on a file sharing site and share the link here. I'll take it from there to being with.
I'll get it working on my end with Krypton and then start a github project with that as the starting file.
Thanks houser, I've downloaded and got it working locally.
Some things to note are that it seems to have been developed with version control (like git) already as there are commit messages. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I will be able to recover them so I'll have to start with versions for each kodi release.
Also there is a bug in the code, it assumes that the version of the database is 2 digits (0-99) and fails if the version is > 2 digits and the last 2 digits are < 74. Over the next week I'll look up on the forums how best to setup a git home for a kodi add-on and get started.
Great itzme!

Pretty sure that it will be a well received add-on if you get it working. It is so very useful and central to using Kodi IMHO...

Perhaps a good idea to just check with the main devs that they are not in the process of adding something along these lines in the main codebase?
Last time I checked it was not on the cards... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148691

Good luck. Will you post here when the GitHub is up and you have something that we can test?
thanx again!
I'd love to see this add-on developed further! Happy to help with some testing on my OSMC system (Raspberry Pi3).

As a seasoned XBMC/Kodi user the one feature that I still miss is to be able to tag 'on the fly' from the context menu.

Is there a chance that someone could share a fresh download link?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Tag overview0