• 11(current)
Release Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix
Hey all,

Does this still work? I just tested, and when I click on a video to watch XBMC flashes to desktop and back without playing the video. I am using Windows w/ the chrome installation
Hey Guys,

I am trying to get this up and running on xubuntu 13.10 xbmc 12.3 using firefox.

After running the install script and then opening a video in Amazon the fist time i am asked to login with my amazon credentials and eventually redirected back to my video choice which plays.
Next i press Esc and firefox exits and i am returned to XBMC as expected.

The first time i select a video from within amazon add-on the video plays exactly as expected and i close firefox by hitting Esc.

From this point on every time i attempt to view a video i get on my a blank white screen as firefox starts. This white screen cannot be clicked on by mouse. I can hit Esc and the White screen disappears as firefox closes and i am returned to XBMC once again.

If i re-run the add-on install script i can repeat the entire process again...

Any ideas what is happening and why i am getting this white screen?

Thanks,

D
I made a version that uses the Chrome Launcher by AddonScriptorDE. I like this version because it is very easy to install. And also for linux users who have xdotool installed the page will automatically be clicked so that you can use your remote.

https://github.com/asojka09/plugin.video.amazon

Install Chrome Launcher from this repo

https://code.google.com/p/addonscriptord...p&can=2&q=
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Romans - nice!!! This is the way to go.
(2014-01-02, 05:31)Romans I XVI Wrote: I made a version that uses the Chrome Launcher by AddonScriptorDE. I like this version because it is very easy to install. And also for linux users who have xdotool installed the page will automatically be clicked so that you can use your remote.

https://github.com/asojka09/plugin.video.amazon

Install Chrome Launcher from this repo

https://code.google.com/p/addonscriptord...p&can=2&q=

That's awesome, thank you. Does this work around the issue with amazon resetting your password?

Edit: May have answered my own question. Yes, on Windows at least. Works perfectly! Now I need to get it going on Linux with xdotool.

I appreciate all the hard work!
The second link yields a 404 error. Is this the Chrome App Launcher? I tried that and got a dependency error when I tried to install the zip.
Please direct any further discussion of Amazon + Chrome to this dedicated thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182172

Thank you.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Hi Guys,

is there a way to select / modify the base URL of Amazon? Because this week in Germany Amazon started the instant video service for Prime members. In Germany (Amazon.de) I'm a prime member and I also want to watch the movies in German language.

I suspect the API will be the same, only the base URL has to been modified.
Agreed, please give the opportunity to modify the base URL as this plugin is pretty cool and desired here in Germany.
I am running the latest version of xbmc ubuntu. I cannot control amazon at all. I can't get a fullscreen, rewind, pause, stop, anything. Please help. Sorry this is new for me.
I had a look at modifying the script, but I really am not sure and reverse engineering it will be a nightmare.

I would love to see the ability to switch Amazon regions, I too would like the UK.

Great add on Smile
[removed]
(2013-05-08, 04:38)Romans I XVI Wrote:
(2013-05-08, 04:05)ga_mueller Wrote: How do you actually program a remote key to send the left mouse click? I didn't see the option in MCE remote mapper, and am using a Universal WR7.

I have never used MCE remote mapper, but if there is no option for sending a mouse click you might have to use some other software to map a keyboard key to mouse click. You can do a lot of key mapping in windows with autohotkey
I am frustrated. I tried to add an amazon add-on. But it is circular in that I do not have time to enter my credentials before the "settings" blinks and I have to start it all over again. I am like a cat chasing his tail. Then, this popup shows up on my screen every 30 seconds, and I have to intentionally hit ok for it to disappear, only to then reappear some 30 seconds later. I cannot seemingly get rid of this darn popup at all. Please help me get rid of this popup that appears every 30 seconds! Thanks,
Bradford
Which popup?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-12, 21:06)nickr Wrote: Which popup?
 Thanks for your reply. I was beginning to wonder if all these people were just rude: 
I have an Amazon add-on that is problematic: it keeps bringing up the dialogue box to login, but then doesn't give me enough time to in fact login. Its circular. How do I remove it completely? I am new to Kodi, and this is frustrating me because it pops up every ~30 seconds, only to then not allow me enough time to enter my details. Reductio ad absurd. Please help me.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix3