• 2(current)
Release Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix
(2013-05-06, 10:05)limenet Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 05:18)Romans I XVI Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 04:15)limenet Wrote: If you modify this mod to run chrome instead of firefox though you get white bars...

To remove the bars i used the firefox plugin stylish found here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/ along with this code.

Code:
@-moz-document domain("www.amazon.com") {body{margin:0 0px!important}}

Im sure you can do the same in chrome if chrome has some addon to add custom css to a webpage.

Yep spot on got it running perfectly with Chrome now Smile!

Steps for those that want to use chrome instead -

1) Install this mod as instructed in the first post

2) Install "Stylish" for chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...cffe?hl=en

3) Open chrome and select the stylish icon in the top right hand corner and -

a) Click "Manage installed styles" in the drop down
b) Click "Write New Style" left hand side
c) Give it a name
d) Copy this into the code section

Code:
body {margin: 0 0px!important;}

e) Select "URLs on the domain" from the drop down on what it applies to
f) Enter "www.amazon.com"
g) Click "Add"
h) Click "Save"
i) Your'e down with Stylish for now Smile

Note: You can verify this worked by going to any Amazon url and you should see stylish has a number 1 listed below it indicating it has picked up your style changes

4) Locate the folder where your "xbmc.exe" is located and enter the "system" folder and edit "playercorefactory.xml"

5) You need the path to your chrome executable, different OS' seem to have different paths so ill leave it up to you but you need to change it look like this -

Code:
<filename>C:\Users\[b]XXXXXX[/b]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</filename>
         <args>--kiosk</args>

As long as you got the paths right to chrome, and installed stylish with the right edits you should be right and now it will open chrome instead of firefox.
Can you please show me how to get to the code and where exactly this goes please. Just need step by step direction. Very new to this a working with code.
Thanks for the mod, I have been climbing the wall trying to get my Bluecop Amazon plug in to work. Your mod is working well although, due to poor internet speeds where I live in Australia my playback is choppy via Firefox. Does anybody know of a Firefox plugin or alternate means of improving the playback/buffering when playing videos etc with Firefox?

Cheers
Appreciate this mod as we use Amazon Prime Videos quite regularly.
Tested it briefly a couple of times and it worked fine.
FF was crashing the first time I tried it and realized FF was on version 7.1 as its never used on the HTPC.
(2013-05-07, 17:22)menage Wrote: Your mod is working well although, due to poor internet speeds where I live in Australia my playback is choppy via Firefox.

Are you sure it is your internet? If you are on a low end machine it is most likely due to the amount of proccessing power flash requires. As i said in my first post, if the video is choppy try double clicking on it to go into the real flash fullscreen mode, this made the video smooth on one of my low end machinces.

(2013-05-07, 16:23)King-Tech Wrote: Can you please show me how to get to the code and where exactly this goes please. Just need step by step direction. Very new to this a working with code.

You need to alter the playercorefactory.xml file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system using his instructions if you want to use chrome.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Roman, Thanks, I did try double clicking to go to full screen and it didnt really help. I tried to change the aspect ratio however I couldnt work out a way to achieve this within Firefox. My machine is at the lower end of performance, I will have a look at the CPU usage when I get home & see if changes here help.

Cheers
[/quote]
One thing to take note of though is that the player doesn't consider itself as the active window and wont register any of these keyboard commands untill you click on it once, if your are doing this from a pure remote setup without a mouse you might also need to map a key to do a left click on the mouse in order to get the keyboard shortcuts to work.
[/quote]

How do you actually program a remote key to send the left mouse click? I didn't see the option in MCE remote mapper, and am using a Universal WR7.

Thank a lot for this great implementation!

Thanks
(2013-05-08, 04:05)ga_mueller Wrote: How do you actually program a remote key to send the left mouse click? I didn't see the option in MCE remote mapper, and am using a Universal WR7.

I have never used MCE remote mapper, but if there is no option for sending a mouse click you might have to use some other software to map a keyboard key to mouse click. You can do a lot of key mapping in windows with autohotkey.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Hi,

I am running XBMCbuntu and I got below error message while executing the script.
cannot create directory `/root/.xbmc/addons/': No such file or directory

And I found out that my addons folder is located in different location.
./home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons

What should I do?

Thanks
Make sure you are not running the script as root.

do not type this
Code:
sudo sh amazonxbmcfix.run

type this
Code:
sh amazonxbmcfix.run

The installer installs to your ~/.xbmc directory, which if you run it as root will be /root/.xbmc. If for some reason you still cant get it to work just install manually using the files and instructions found here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ipotipu9uei2z...Source.zip

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Does this give access to Amazon Prime HD videos?
(2013-05-09, 10:08)DonGateley Wrote: Does this give access to Amazon Prime HD videos?

As long as your HTPC can play HD flash, yes, works fine on my Celeron G540
Darn, I just tried it and because a browser is being used Amazon blocks HD. I was hoping this might get around that fucked up restriction.
OK I installed the windows 32 fix then I put the files here they are suppost to get. And when I open amaizon and go through the menu,click on something to what then firfox opens and I get this error:video stopped error 5003

And I could not get the chrome fix to work
for the chrome fix I do not understand where to put thing starting at these steps e) Select "URLs on the domain" from the drop down on what it applies to
f) Enter "www.amazon.com"

What do you mean 'Select "URLs on the domain" from the drop down on what it applies to'
where to put www.amazon.com
chrome.exe can not fine

Can someone please help me to get this to for in firefox and chrome please. I would require more step by step for the chrome fix PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Thank you for you time and efforts
(2013-05-10, 17:00)King-Tech Wrote: OK I installed the windows 32 fix then I put the files here they are suppost to get. And when I open amaizon and go through the menu,click on something to what then firfox opens and I get this error:video stopped error 5003

And I could not get the chrome fix to work

I had to go out of XBMC and then access Amazon Prime Videos using Firefox and load up a movie that way. You may get a Silverlight prompt, just accept. Now reboot and it should work like the add on intended.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime Instant Video Fix3