DTS on a normal TV
Hi,

Been using XBMC for ages now and love it to bits. My current issue is due to my AMP not working anymore, therefore i'm currently forced to us my TV for audio.

My issue is when watching all my DTS films through my TV the audio is so low, but then the music | action is so high. Ive changed my current audio setting to 2.0 HDMI and using WSAPI. I've tried the boost audio on downmix all with no avail.... has anyone got any advice until I can replace my AMP?

Currently running Windows, and XBMC Frodo build

Thanks in advance...
I assume that in addition to changing to 2.0 you also unchecked dts and dd capable receiver buttons. Might also want to change to Direct Sound config.
It's to be expected really, passthrough formats such as DTS generally have a wider dynamic range than music so will appear quieter than music in formats such as mp3 & flac at any given volume.
i have unchecked DTS and tested WSAPI and Direct Sound with no difference...

I don't understand why dialogue is quiet but the music score in the film is so damn high though...!
That's how movies are mastered now. Try using Windows built in volume normalization called "loudness equalization" under your audio settings. It works pretty good. XBMC devs have said they are going to add a volume normalization feature to XBMC but it's not done yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS on a normal TV0