Solved "Clean Library" missing from nightly builds?
(2013-06-10, 09:27)JohnWPB Wrote: This isn't just a nightly thing. I was running a version from the end of April that does not have the "Clean Library" function. Running the latest "[url=http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/]Snapshot from
What about about about the meaning of alpha being contained in the download title or the monthly write-ups don't you understand? it's exactly that, a development build that's likely to be more stable than the nightlies, but things can & will still be broken on occasion all the way up to it's deemed time for Gotham Version 13 to be officially released as stable.

In your case it's a skin problem, simply put the skin isn't up to date with the latest changes, as skins are made by 3rd parties then they won't always be up to date with changes in the core app so it's up to the skin author to make the required changes. Some skin authors will have the time but others may not, some will provide regular updates designed for use with nightlies/monthlies others will only update the skin if at all just prior to Gotham release so there is no wasted effort during the period there is lots of changes going on.

You will need to check if Transparency has an SVN or development branch if you want to use the monthly snapshots or switch to a skin that does, the only skin that should be certain to work is the Team maintained Confluence but even that may break on occasion.

If you don't want to deal with these issues then stick with the official stable releases and go back to Frodo.
(2013-06-10, 15:35)Kibje Wrote: The setting is NOT missing in Gotham alpha builds, but not visible by default due to the settings refactor that is going on.
It seems people are not reading very well, so here is a step by step.

- Choose confluence as skin
- go to Videos - settings - Library
- press LEFT
- change your setting level for that part of the settings to ADVANCED

screenshot shamelessly stolen from miappa - thanks for making it

Instead of complaining that this breaks everything for you, you should not use a skin that only supports Frodo with an alpha release of Gotham.
You could ask the skinner to modify his skin to be compatible with Gotham.

Thank you, for me that was the solution.
It's ridiculous that I have to still clean up deleted movies manually.
If the source is accessible, the directory is accessible but the file is gone and there's no reference to the library entry elsewhere, it should be removed automatically from the library (inc. the 'Recently added movies' list) with no exceptions, period.
(2013-07-10, 00:47)Csimbi Wrote: It's ridiculous that I have to still clean up deleted movies manually.
If the source is accessible, the directory is accessible but the file is gone and there's no reference to the library entry elsewhere, it should be removed automatically from the library (inc. the 'Recently added movies' list) with no exceptions, period.

Patches welcome
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-07-10, 00:47)Csimbi Wrote: It's ridiculous that I have to still clean up deleted movies manually.

There are at least two ways to avoid having to do that.

One is to turn clean-on-update on, so that regular updates clean the library. XBMC can even use the Library Watchdog add-on to watch for folder changes in order to trigger the update/cleaning on the fly.

The other is if you delete files from the XBMC GUI then it will also remove the video from the library.
It's also equally ridiculous that if a source is temporarily unavailable that XBMC would delete it all media in it from the database without even asking, so Csimbi why don't you moderate your stroppiness, with no exceptions, period.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@Martijn
Try this.
while (titles)
{
sources=titles.current.sources;
while (sources)
{
if (source && IsReadable(source.dir))
if (FileExists(sources.filename)) continue;
else sources.count-=1;
++sources;
}
if (titles.sources.count<=0) delete titles.current;
titles++;
}

@ned Scott
Much obliged! I did not know such thing exists. How do I turn "clean-on-update" on?

@nickr
You need to re-read my message; you clearly misunderstood something.
1. where is that supposed to go in the millions lines of code that we have?
2. we only accept patches through github
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
An advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file that looks like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-06-09, 13:27)miappa Wrote: The only skin that works with the new settings so far (AFAIK) is Confluence.
So if you have another skin, change back to Confluence and change settings as jjd-uk explained.
Change back to whatever skin you used and you will have all options back.

You are awesome! thanks

using Transparency!, switched to confluence, changed setting, switched back. 30 seconds in all, problem solved.
(2013-07-11, 03:04)Ned Scott Wrote: An advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file that looks like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Here is the advancedsettings.xml that I use which does not do anything. (which is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <
videolibrary>
     <
cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
   </
videolibrary>
   <
video>
     <
cleanstrings action="append">
       <
regexp>dbox</regexp>
     </
cleanstrings>
   </
video>
 </
advancedsettings

Am I doing something wrong?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Look to the bottom left where it says "settings level"
Switch to "advanced"
Now go to video- library - clean library

I'm running Gotham built dec 13. I added the advanced settings only to realize I couldn't see the clean library to initiate the clean as per the wiki.
Yes. In the meanwhile the location where you change the settings level has become more clear in Confluence. My previous howto in this thread is now totally inaccurate :-)
Clean-on-Update can be set via your advancedsettings.xml file which is they way I've had it set up for the last 3 XBMC releases. (beaten to it, posted above Smile)

Or you can use the add-on "Library Auto-Updater" which has it's own clean-on-update functionality (disabled by default). Don't use this if you have it set in advancedsettings as it will run twice. Disable one, and use the other.
Thumbs Up 
(2013-05-06, 21:32)sialivi Wrote: Excellent. Thanks

Thanks for the help, was going mad finding that option!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Clean Library" missing from nightly builds?0