• 13(current)
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
Yeah, and my remote doesn't work at all, so not sure what the issue is. It did start after the upgrade to the Windows 10 1607... I can't roll back because its been longer then 10 days too, soo thats a no go.
I suggest going back to post #171 in this thread. I just had a go at it by those steps, and it worked perfectly fine with Win10, post anniversary-edition-update.

It might not be an elegant solution - but its quick, simple and working. Remember to apply to registry and reboot after making any changes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
ahhh, I did try that, no luck Sad

EDIT: So I had some free time to dig around on this on my own. Oddly enough, I had a back up from 2015 of this system, so I went to check my registry, and found out that this bit of the hive is volatile (only stored in memory), so I looked at the older ones in that save under currentcontrolset001/002 and found one difference. On my running system I went to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da\

and changed:

"CodeSetNum0"=dword:00000008

to:

"CodeSetNum0"=dword:00000001

GOOD TO GO, works fine now.

Oy. I don't even remember what told me to change it to 8 in the first place.
I fixed my issue by applying the registry hack. All good now.
Anyone have a working mapper since the one linked in this forum lacks the entire save window so there is no way to implement it at all?
I have windows 7 tried in all compatibility modes still no way to save to registry.
Would upload pic but no way to upload from my pc.
I think I found out the issue. Seems the program does not support windows 7 64bit but only works with the 32bit version.
Would have been nice if they had made one that worked with 64bit op systems.
I downloaded and ran this tool today, and the results are worrisome. After applying my mapping to the registry and rebooting a number of programs do not respond anymore.

The recycle bin, hdhomerun, nextpvr, and plex are applications that when started immediately close. I've attempted to restore without success, as my system reports it is unsuccessful each attempt.

Has anyone reported this behavior before?

[UPDATE]
Figured out this was all due to a MS update, which was released last night. They rendered the DVD player software nonfunctional, as it's no longer supported anyway. My decoders were running from that application. A complete rebuild and different decoders resolved the issue.
Hi,

I've an Inteset INT-422-2 remote. The colored keys work as expected, say blue works for my video as expected. It brings up media center with "my videos". I tried setting it to alt+F4 to close active window, but it exhibits old behaviour. I set the keys red and gree to "End", and yellow and blue to "alt + F4", but none of them seem to do the new action, instead they exhibit their old behaviour in that it brings up "My videos" on blue.

I rebooted and ran the tool again, and it shows the keys set to new values, but not doing what I expect. I thought using the Tool to set them to new values would work on any window, meaning close it.

what gives?

thanks
M
Does this still work?  I am trying to remap the Green Button to Ctrl-Escape to emulate the Windows key and it doesn't want to work.

I am running Win 10 Home 32 bit
(2018-01-13, 23:41)wayner Wrote: Does this still work?  I am trying to remap the Green Button to Ctrl-Escape to emulate the Windows key and it doesn't want to work.

I am running Win 10 Home 32 bit
It still works without a problem.
Works for me very well on WIN10 64bit.

1. Does your remote coded as MCE/IR remote?
2. Did you ran the app as admin?
3.. Did you restart your PC after you made the modifications?
Please do and update here if it helped you.
Will you take submissions? I have a potential patch to enable the remote to handle WWW Search, Home, Forward, Stop, Refresh, and Favorites (as per the HID/USB pdf).  I had a need for the Home key update.
I know this is an old tool, but still pretty useful for me! How can I map the backslash key?
Love this tool...Thanks!!

Kodi 18.1 32bit, Windows 10 Pro 1809 64bit
I have NUC7i3BNK with built-in IR receiver and Logitech Harmony emulating MCE remote.

Remote works fine without any changes with most programs.

Only thing is that pause/play does not work with Netflix. Seems that the remote correctly sends "Space" from "Pause" key. That is also shown in the MCE Remote Mapper Tool. For some reason "Space" does not go tho Netflix application. What could I try next?
Hi,

I’ve been using this tool with my MCE remote for years and I had no problem with it. Anyone knows if it will work with this remote?

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B015SO37SY/ref=...5Db7QKJEHP

Thanks.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3