Stretch 16:9 as default results in 1919x1080 on some videos...
Have everything set at 1080p and have stretch 16:9 set as default. Noticed that some 720p videos I'm only getting 1919x1080 on some videos (and as a result have a row of black pixels on the right side). cycling through the view types while playing the video fixes the problem until I play the video again. This problem happens only on specific videos but I cant seem to figure out why. Seems like its only on videos that are +30fps and even then it doesn't happen on all videos.

any ideas why this happens and maybe a fix? I'm on 12.2 (updated hoping this was fixed. was not) also did same thing on 12.0

EDIT: oh and if I set the video to "normal" then the problem is fixed and always displays 1920x1080. Problem is I want 16:9 stretch to be default.

EDIT2: ok just figured out what types of videos cause this problem.

29.970fps = 1919x1080

30.000fps = 1920x1080

what resolution the video is does not matter. keep in mind this only happens when the default view mode is stretch 16:9. Hope someone has a fix. this really bugs me.

EDIT3: oh and "allow error in aspect ratio" at 1% fixes the problem but creates an even worse problem of stretching EVERY VIDEO! So that "fix" isnt acceptable.
bummer no replies. was hoping to wake up and have this fixed. guess nobody but me cares since I'm one of the few that like having 16:9 stretch be default.
It's a bit of an odd issue... I did the effort of setting for 16:9 stretch to try an replicate the problem without success, I just don't have the issue and I expect most don't so if the issue isn't endemic, you'll get response like mine which doesn't help you a lot. Actually you are in the best position to sluice this out.. Start by making sure your gfx card is set so that the standard desktop (if you even have a desktop? , that's one of the reasons for a proper debug ) is calibrated for 1920 x1080, then run XBMC in windowed mode and again go to setting and check the calibration.... hit the slash key for 'full screen', and make sure everything is good. You're getting the fps from the video OSD When playing a movie? Try using software rendering... something about that 1 pixel off smacks of a hardware limitation, is your vert blank sync flag engaged?

We need more 'details'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stretch 16:9 as default results in 1919x1080 on some videos...0