OCZ SSD
So I pretty much have my hardware chosen except for my boot drive.
There was a sale on an OCZ SSD 120GB SATA III, 6Gbps for $65 but they sold out fast. Was not able to get one.
So looking to get similar, I notice that a lo, if not all of the OCZ being sold now are referbs. Something go wrong wit this brand ?
Newegg has the drive at $74 now but it's referb. Not sure I want a referb drive and not so sure this brand is what it used to be known for.

Anyone know what he deal is ? Suggest a better drive around the same specs and price ?
For booting you need reliability, not gigabytes.

Go for Crucial or Samsung, the smallest you can find.
(2013-05-08, 09:31)ciquta Wrote: For booting you need reliability, not gigabytes.

Go for Crucial or Samsung, the smallest you can find.

+1
The OCZ drives go on sale frequently, and at a hefty discount. Crucial, Samsumg or IBM, very rarely and never a big discount. That's got to tell you something Wink
In case it's not clear, OCZ has that bad reputation... I can't comment personally because I never bought one, but I have 2 Crucial M4's and 1 Patriot Torqx2 that have been rock-solid to me
Only reason I looked at the 120GB was because it was on sale. 64GB (half the size) was only a few dollars less. Just made sense.
I thought OCZ was a good brand from systems I saw being built. Was really curious when I started seeing referbs being sold.
I will take a look at the others. I will assume I want faster READ that WRITE on these ? I see some have close to equal speeds on both but many have half, either READ or WRITE being greater.
Samsung 830 or OWC Extreme (just because I have 2 and they perform ridiculously well), both are fantastic and very well supported. The 830 is a little less fast, but is crazy stable and known to be rock solid. The OWC is essentially using the same chipset as the OCZ.
Have an OCZ in the HTPC, never had a problem.
Have a Crucial in the main PC, it died in six months. Got a replacement from the manufacturer quickly though.

So it tells you, you never know...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OCZ SSD0