Linux XBMC restart after process killed
Hi,

I'm running XBMCbuntu 11. I made the adjustments in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf for auto login to XBMC.

If I kill xbmc with (killall xbmc.bin or pkill xbmc), it takes me to the login screen and if I log in again then it start again.

Is there a way to have not show the login screen if xbmc process is killed and just restarts?

Thanks,
If your running XBMCbuntu you dont need to make any adjustments to lightdm, just login into XBMC user with your password and at any reboot or crash XBMC just loads again.

uNi
I resolved it, but creating this script:

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games

# This script will restart XBMC
while true
do
/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone
done

Which I put under the .xbmc folder of the user.

Also added it to the autostart for user.
Nice, you broke what didnt need fixing and fixed what wasnt broken.

Please mark thread as solved.

uNi
I want to bypass the login process hence why I made these adjustments and seems to work
You dont need to keep logging in, by default if you already login as XBMC nothing else should be needed. Lightdm will remember if your last login via xbmc/xbmcbuntu and use that automatically.

uNi
Obviously he had an other issue, because he said he did not get relogged in when he killed XBMC.

It isn't very helpful to keep saying he doesn't need to login again and it will automatically do it, because he clearly stated that was not working for him - it is the reason he creatd the thread.
(2013-05-08, 10:46)deoren Wrote: Hi,

I'm running XBMCbuntu 11. I made the adjustments in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf for auto login to XBMC.

If I kill xbmc with (killall xbmc.bin or pkill xbmc), it takes me to the login screen and if I log in again then it start again.

Is there a way to have not show the login screen if xbmc process is killed and just restarts?

Thanks,
 Apologies to others on this thread that may have chosen to receive notifications of new responses. It's been so long since I've visited the forums that I do not recall my password or email address (alias) associated with my old account. I'm trying to trigger an email notification to remind me which alias I have associated with the account so I can perform a password reset.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC restart after process killed0