Hadware for 1080p mediaplayer
I speak very little English and I find it hard to read all post.
Can you tell me a good low-power device to use with xbmc or linux and 1080p video? a cheap product
thanks
raspberry pi
hello,
thanks for the reply,
I was also thinking about the raspberry but I read about lags with 1080p movies.

a slightly more powerful hardware exists?

Max
G-box Midnight MX2 ($99 shipped) seems to be picking up some noise, if your looking for cheaper definitely go with the Raspberry Pi - its a mighty little beast for sure and has a long ranged support end.
G-box Midnight MX2
anyone has any experience on this one? (xbmc)
1080p doesn't lag on the Raspberry Pi if your network is wired. Only on WiFi, Its more the menu's that lag and are slow in XBMC with the Pi.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
(2013-05-09, 23:51)sapper6fd Wrote: 1080p doesn't lag on the Raspberry Pi if your network is wired. Only on WiFi, Its more the menu's that lag and are slow in XBMC with the Pi.

I dont think you can consider the pi as a serious 1080p streamer. Its really impressive running openelec and raspbmc, however high bitrate files will choke during playback. I have cat6 hardwired through my house and gigabit ports on my router and switch. Playback would stutter on high bitrate 1080p files, not to mention lag in menu transitions. Its neat, I don't mean to bash the Pi, but you'll get frustrated quick if you don't want stuttering.
If you are unable to read the other topics, how are you reading this one?

Go with a Raspberry Pi. I have no lag while playing 1080p movies from a NAS.
I like how people think that 1080p is all the same. A 25gb mkv remux vs 8gb encode is not the same.
Trading 'Nu7s' pid='1417501' dateline='1368175273']
If you are unable to read the other topics, how are you reading this one?

Go with a Raspberry Pi. I have no lag while playing 1080p movies from a NAS.
[/quote]

Reading less is easer then read only one post in another language. :-)

I thank you all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hadware for 1080p mediaplayer0