Please can somebody make live tv work on the Pi??
Hello - new to forum.

I am struggling - and I must admit a little bit hacked off - with the various live tv options on the Raspberry Pi

I want front and backend both on the Pi,

I am currently on openelec 3.0.2.

Tvheadend is average but suffers audi/video sync problems and aspect ratio errors.

I recently got vdr working ( using vnsi client ) and hoped for an answer to these problems.

Aspect ratio - yes it works!
No black screen !
But STILL audio/viseo sync issues?

What is going on?
There must be quite a few people buying their Pi's with the expectation that they can get live tv with xbmc GUI.

This just is not true.

It seems a bit of a misnomer to promote openelec as an all in one solution for the raspberry pi because unfortunately at the moment,
it really isn't.

I will be very glad for someone to correct me - please Smile

pootler
If you're trying to run both the front and back ends on the same RPi, you're likely overtaxing an already anemic processor.

You may want to change your thread title to something more descriptive/topical... may garner more views and, hopefully responses, from knowledgeable users who may otherwise skip over threads that seem to be spam.
Thank you atrafael,
Don't think its taxing the processor though.
Cpu 40-60%

These problems are very well worn in and around the Pi forumsSmile
Possibly running out of RAM pretty quickly too. IMHO RPi may be fair to OK as an XBMC media player, but try to get it to do XBMC plus something else and it is well out of spec.

Quote:It seems a bit of a misnomer to promote openelec as an all in one solution for the raspberry pi because unfortunately at the moment, it really isn't.
You should probably take that up with the openelec people, this is the xbmc forums, not the openelec forum Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here in Oz a lot of broadcasts have ac3 audio - doesn't the pi struggle with ac3/DTS audio?
That is a good point.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please can somebody make live tv work on the Pi??0