Automated Torrent
So Im researching into doing a XBMC with a Pi. I am interested in setting up automated Torrents and haven't completely finished all my research and have been finding it hard to answer my question. Can you Torrent with a Pi or use an of the Torrent addons. I understand you can torrent with one but can you with XBMC running. I want to setup a stand alone unit where I can just setup my favorite downloads and add addons.

Chris
(2013-05-08, 21:05)bucket81 Wrote: So Im researching into doing a XBMC with a Pi. I am interested in setting up automated Torrents and haven't completely finished all my research and have been finding it hard to answer my question. Can you Torrent with a Pi or use an of the Torrent addons. I understand you can torrent with one but can you with XBMC running. I want to setup a stand alone unit where I can just setup my favorite downloads and add addons.

Chris

if you want something more than just XBMC look here
Why XBian
XBian Packages
try flexget with transsmition
and test the proformans
I haven't built anything yet, I just wanted to check if I could setup Torrents inside XBMC with the Raspberry Pi.
(2013-05-09, 15:10)abauomy Wrote: try flexget with transsmition
and test the proformans

Hello.

I am trying to install Flexget on Raspberry Pi with Kodi, but, I cannot do that because of sudo is not allowed on Kodi.

Anyone can help me to install Flexget on Raspberry Pi with Kodi?

Thank you very much.
(2015-03-30, 13:21)Caragato Wrote:
and test the proformans

Hello.

I am trying to install Flexget on Raspberry Pi with Kodi, but, I cannot do that because of sudo is not allowed on Kodi.

Thank you very much.

Which distribution do you use? Kodi is an application not the operating sistem.

If you use Openelec you can simple install Transmission client and daemon with Add-on menù through gui interface.
(2015-04-01, 10:48)cabracabra Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 13:21)Caragato Wrote:
and test the proformans

Hello.

Thank you very much.

Which distribution do you use? Kodi is an application not the operating sistem.

If you use Openelec you can simple install Transmission client and daemon with Add-on menù through gui interface.

Hi! Thanks for your response, wes I use Openelec and I have installed Transmission but, what about Flexget? How can I install it?
(2015-04-01, 14:42)Caragato Wrote: Hi! Thanks for your response, wes I use Openelec and I have installed Transmission but, what about Flexget? How can I install it?

If you have Openelec you can connect through ssh with root account and install what you want, but if your main goal is to use torrent than is simplest to use addon and gui interface and install Transmission, in special manner if you don't have much experience with terminal and linux commands.
I'm also interested in automatic torrents, but before i delve into that i need to solve an issue:

I have osmc installed on a raspberry pi3. I installed transmission and set up the web client and started using it. If i download on the sd card that osmc is installed on everything works fine.
If however i choose a different directory (one on my external hard drive) i get: "Connection FailedCould not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect."
I can access the hard drive and play media thats already on it without problems, but for some reason transmission won't download on it. Should i use another torrent client? Help?
(2013-05-08, 21:50)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-05-08, 21:05)bucket81 Wrote: So Im researching into doing a XBMC with a Pi. I am interested in setting up automated Torrents and haven't completely finished all my research and have been finding it hard to answer my question. Can you Torrent with a Pi or use an of the Torrent addons. I understand you can torrent with one but can you with XBMC running. I want to setup a stand alone unit where I can just setup my favorite downloads and add addons.

Chris

if you want something more than just XBMC look here
Why XBian
XBian Packages

I have been using XBMC\Kodi on raspberrys for a long time now and the best 'version' I ever used is XBian!

Chris

I have this exact system youre looking for.

I have a raspberry pi 2 as my Kodi centre and then I have a second raspberry pi with linux on it and installed Sonarr and transmission on it. The Sonarr tracks all the tvshows i watch and then uses transmission to download them on to my nas after which sonarr then neatly categorises whats downloaded and then it shows up on my first Pi telling me what its downloaded recently.

It runs 24/7 and is always searching for new releases and keeps me up to date. It did take me a while to get it all set up and running the way i want but once its done, its the best thing ever. I have no need to stream anything anymore as when i get home from work, all is downloaded and ready for me to watch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated Torrent0