XBMC Freezes on minimise
Information 
Hi There,
anyone else have this happen? Im running xbmc, minimise, go to - eg. the movie db to update artwork, etc, and xbmc has frozen. This is happening on all 3 of my machines, and I even reformatted 1, just to be certain. Not producing an error either, just freezes. But only if i do something else in the background. If I just minimise and maximise, fine.
Any ideas, or has someone else at least come across this recently?
cheers
Noooooooo, i cant believe i am the only one.
Oh, and by the way, i would guess i cant post a crash log, as the program doent crash, i just freezes. or would the crash log give some information, i dont know about that one.
Which version of XBMC are you using? This happens to me with the newest builds...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164567
(2013-05-11, 12:30)OzDrDj Wrote: Oh, and by the way, i would guess i cant post a crash log, as the program doent crash, i just freezes. or would the crash log give some information, i dont know about that one.

You have to have debug logging enabled for it to be helpful. Without it, nobody knows if it would give some information.
(2013-05-11, 12:50)StinDaWg Wrote: Which version of XBMC are you using? This happens to me with the newest builds...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164567

Yeah, i am using the nightly builds and has been happening for some time since 12.2
I'm also seeing this with 12.2 final in windows 7 x64: it runs minimized & with the auto-update scheduled library refresher. I can see the memory slowly creep up over several days and then somewhere around 200+ MB of memory usage it starts to get reallllyyyy slow.

[edit] I'd post my debug log, but it's almost 30MB Smile It does have a crap ton of these lines in it, though:

20:56:14 T:2596 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 12C5A9F0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freezes on minimise0