Is't me, hardware or the software?
I can't get video playback working correctly or dual audio output to work either.
I got Windows 7*64, Intel i3-3225 and XBMC 12.1 Frodo.

I've tried all the settings I know about to get my videos to play fluently.
Then I choose true fullscreen under system/video output settings I got tearing issue.
If I choose to use a fullscreen window instead I got stuttering video.
I've tried to activate and deactivate all the settings in video/playback for rendering, hw acceleration, display refresh rate and sync and nothing seems to work whatever I do.
Is the main fault the Intels HD4000 GPU? Will it work with a separate GPU from Nvidia or ATI?

Thanks all.
I'm running XBMC on Windows 7*32 with that same processor and Frodo set to fullscreen window. I don't see any of those issues. It would be useful to know something about the video files (encoding, container, where they are located, if they play in something like VLC, etc).
I might of find the video playback problem.

I got 2 setups with the same HW/SW and then viewing in Fullscreen Window I got stuttering video playback on one system, the difference in the setup is the GPU driver.
On the system that works I have the driver 8.15.10.2712 from 2012.03.26 and on the system with video stuttering I have the driver 9.17.10.2932 from 2012.12.12.
I've not yet tried to install the older driver since I got it to work in True Fullscreen instead, so this might not be the problem or solution.

Then I activate True Fullscreen instead I had Tearing issue on both system, the solution for getting it to work was to activate Vertical Blank Sync.
After that I can now play my videos fluently on both my systems in True Fullscreen mode.

Still, I got 2 separate audio output problem that I must find a solution for.
I have that same processor and the 2932 driver, was having some issues with stuttering video. Vertical Blank Sync and Adjust Display Refresh Rate To Match Video fixed it for me.
There's definitely some glitch with the latest Intel driver and XBMC. It's confirmed on the Intel forums. Causes issues with some playback and XBMC UI.

Reverting to older drivers fixes problem.
So now my playback problem is solved and I'm able to play all my files properly without any stuttering or tearing, whats good.

Still I need to solve the problem with 2 different audio outputs, 1 through HDMI for bitstreaming and video watching and 1 through my USB DAC for music listening.
I've configured XBMC to use HDMI as passthrough output and my USB DAC for audio output device and I got the signal to work correctly, my problem start then I switch input on my receiver, I've tried several times and XBMC always crash, it happens all the time.

My second problem I'm not able to solve is the metadata info not showing correctly, I'm using the info wall for movies and all my ISO are listed as DVD and it only says 16.9 for the aspect ratio, It's not able to tell the difference between 1.78, 1.85 or 2.35. Then I pause, It shows the BluRay info correctly.

I've tried this on two different setups and both XBMC 12.1 and now even 12.2 and I still got the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is't me, hardware or the software?0