12.2 runs like a pig on ATV2
I must say, having been previously using XBMC11 that version 12.2 is much slower, less responsive to clicks, and mucks up left/right controls more often than 11 did. I think it's the animations that it's trying to do, swishing and zooming between screens. I've been poking around in the settings (in app) and can't seem to find a way to just disable the animations altogether, which would improve my user experience no end. Is there a trick to it? I've never been a fan of animated interfaces.

If there's a file you have to edit, please let me know the files to edit in. I can generally muddle through a terminal prompt.

I'm running iOS 5.2.1 (tethered boot) and XBMC 12.2 (Git: 20130502-32b1a5e) and the default Confluence skin.
My oppinion is completely contrary. Here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1417950

Did you do a fresh install of XBMC 12.2? Or you just upgrade from 11 to 12.2?
i did these steps:

1. used itunes to restore atv2 to factory settings (already on 5.2.1, just starting "fresh")
  2. used snowbreeze to jailbreak it
  3. tethered boot the device (since it's 5.2.1)
  4. put nitotv on it
  5. put xbmc 12.2 on it

basically at the main screen there's hideous lag pressing left-right buttons on the remote, such that you often press it twice, when the system catches up it pressed left/right twice of course. the zoom and fade animations are all chunky and stuttery. watching shows (over gigabit ethernet) is fine - it's got the power to show 720p streams fine. just the interface itself is very laggy.
debug log (wiki)?
What skin? Perhaps you need something lighter.
(2013-05-12, 08:02)nickr Wrote: What skin? Perhaps you need something lighter.

Confluence, as mentioned in the opening thread. But the same problem appears on Quartz and others.
I've had the same experience, on 2 ATV2s. One I upgraded from 12.0, the other from 12.1. Both ran fine on the previous versions, but are now slow and unresponsive to some remote clicks.

Sounds like a common issue
The only thing common here is that noone managed to upload a debug log (wiki)
what is a debug log going to show you, really? I've started from a complete fresh FIRMWARE. So there's nothing on the device other than what a complete fresh installation that follows the XBMC instructions. The debug log is going to be exactly the same on any atv2 device given that procedure, isn't it? Rather than asking for a debug log, why not post about what YOU would be looking for in such a log if it were uploaded that might lend an idea to why it runs so badly.
A debug log will show timings on all steps so at least helpful people on here can look at it and try and help with identifying if anything is sticking at any point.

As for myself, I have 2 ATV2's both running 12.2, one with Confluence skin, one with a WIP skin called Amber - both running fine.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
(2013-05-23, 12:12)frumbert Wrote: what is a debug log going to show you, really? I've started from a complete fresh FIRMWARE. So there's nothing on the device other than what a complete fresh installation that follows the XBMC instructions. The debug log is going to be exactly the same on any atv2 device given that procedure, isn't it? Rather than asking for a debug log, why not post about what YOU would be looking for in such a log if it were uploaded that might lend an idea to why it runs so badly.

We're looking for clues. The debug log will not be exactly the same on a fresh device, because YOUR fresh device is broken. It could be a defective hardware issue, a slight difference in the install process (a jailbreak dependency that's on a newer version when it got installed, for example), could be some strange network traffic, who knows. You can't even fix this issue, so what makes you so sure you even know what the logs contain? You are asking us for help, and no one will help you if you refuse such a simple and reasonable request as a debug log. If you think you're smarter than everyone here, then don't ask the question in the first place.
I do get puzzled by people who come here with a problem, then question a simple request for debugging information.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-23, 12:12)frumbert Wrote: what is a debug log going to show you, really? I've started from a complete fresh FIRMWARE. So there's nothing on the device other than what a complete fresh installation that follows the XBMC instructions. The debug log is going to be exactly the same on any atv2 device given that procedure, isn't it? Rather than asking for a debug log, why not post about what YOU would be looking for in such a log if it were uploaded that might lend an idea to why it runs so badly.
My answer:
I think the problem is the user.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-24, 06:30)Martijn Wrote:
My answer:
I think the problem is the user.
What he said Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Eh ? That is pretty rude response. You want help but the devs have to play guessing games ? Sorry but it does not work that way Smile The crystal ball is broke and xbmc.log in debug mode provides the only info we can trust. What are we looking for ? All sorts of things, things including the presence of items that should not be present or the absence of things that should be present. We know it when we see it, sort of like how a good car mechanic can listen to an engine and have a pretty good idea of how well it is working.

So It works like this, no debug log, no soup. plain and simple. You want help, then provide the debug log, otherwise, experienced devs like me will skip right by this posting and move on to helping someone with that IS willing to provide what is ask for. I've already lost interest and your post just proved why, after over 10k posts, I do not visit the user forums very much anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.2 runs like a pig on ATV20