subs autoload after resume
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask - it doesn't seem to be an addon issue but I figured it's a good spot to try as people who use subtitles might have an idea....

general info: I'm trying frodo 12.2 in portable now, I still have my old xbmc 10.1 installed. I'm using the PM3HD skin (tried with confluence too though).

In 12.2, When I use one of the subtitle services and download and srt, it gets added straight away to the playback. However if I stop playback (not pause) and resume later, subtitles do not autoload again.

Under Audio & Subtitles settings I do have "enable subtitles" checked. The "Subtitle" there where you can move between available subs shows "None". however when I use "browse for subtitle.." it sees the srt that was downloaded into that folder and I'm able to reload it and watch with subs again. That was never a problem in 10.1. Once the srt was downloaded to video folder it would auto-load and show every time.

edit1: Some of my videos are packed in rars, so I tried to extract and repeat the above. It seems that when the video is packed in rars, the srt does not auto-load on resume. Same video unpacked, auto-loads the srt on resume.

edit2: I tried another thing - downloaded the subs with the subs plugin on xbmc 10 - srt is auto-loaded in xbmc 12, does not vice versa (downloaded srt in 12 does not auto-load in 10). So maybe this does have something to do with the addon (the one on xbmc 10 is a much older version).

edit3: Quite confusing. Usually this issue I described happens but some subs do get auto-loaded. What I'm quite sure of is that every srt I download manually or through the old addon auto-load on resume. Ones downloaded with the current one usually don't.
Quite sure that this is your problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156939
(2013-05-11, 20:14)kjuu Wrote: Quite sure that this is your problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156939

ha, yes it is, thanks !

I looked at this so many times and missed that it's renaming the srts wrong. It should rename it to packed video name and not archives names. It's naming the srts according to video file name rather than archives names in the older version I'm using in xbmc 10 hence why it works fine there.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next version of the addon.
Any chance this issue will get fixed at some point? srts still get renamed wrongly when archive names differ from packed video names which causes them not to autoload if the video has been stopped and resumed.
It worked just fine with older plugin versions for older xbmc versions. thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subs autoload after resume0