• 2(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
Since my previous postings, this has been working perfectly.

I have not been using it for movies though just TV shows.

I have even moved the watched state from one PC to another by doing the following:

Manually run the watchedlist app update on PC1.

Copy the content of the service.watchedlist folder to separate disc (watchedlist.db is the main file)

On PC2, manually run the watchedlist app update to make sure everything there is uptodate

Overwrite the watchedlist.db on PC2 with the file copied from PC1

Run the watchedlist app update on PC2

This then adds the watched state of everything from the PC1 database

Run the watchedlist app update on PC2 again to consolidate everything

This seems to work fine but as I said, I haven't tried it with movies
it's a fantastic service, but if i use a local path it works, but if i use a ftp resource it doesnt work why?
i've this error :
17:15:13 T:4440 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Watchedlist: Error: Writing the WL-database file C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.watchedlist\dbcopy\watchedlist.db
I just started using it and I can not figure out how to make all the shows I watched prior to installing this add-on become watched in the watchedlist.db? Any ideas? Also I was
Quote: One question: If the service works automatically, how does it know what to sync? E.g.
-The add-on saves all watched states
-I export my library, move it to a different hard drive and import it again
-All watched states are lost
-Now the add-on should sync back all watched states instead of saving all movies as unwatched in its database.

Can it do that?
I was wondering if this is only for multiple xbmc installs or if it works for just one computer as well. Like if I currently have an SDTV rip and my sickbeard later downloads a dvdrip and deletes my SDTVrip will it mark my DVDRip as watched? Thanks in advance for any help.
(2014-05-17, 19:23)natethegreat14 Wrote: I was wondering if this is only for multiple xbmc installs or if it works for just one computer as well. Like if I currently have an SDTV rip and my sickbeard later downloads a dvdrip and deletes my SDTVrip will it mark my DVDRip as watched? Thanks in advance for any help.

The addon gets the unique imdb-id for movies and thetvdb id and SxxEyy for TV Episodes. So it will mark the DVDRip as watched.

(2014-04-28, 16:50)tafazzi87 Wrote: it's a fantastic service, but if i use a local path it works, but if i use a ftp resource it doesnt work why?
i've this error :
17:15:13 T:4440 NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Watchedlist: Error: Writing the WL-database file C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\service.watchedlist\dbcopy\watchedlist.db

I notices this too. I use the virtual file system from xbmc ( xbmcvfs.mkdir(), .copy(), .exists() ). It seems, that xbmc can only read FTP paths, not write them.
This problem occured to me too when trying to export my video database (nfo files and posters) to my FTP sources (Frodo did not buffer local nfs and smb network sources but ftp sources).
I think it is easier to switch to smb or nfs source for the WL-database or somehow make a virtual drive for the ftp path in your operating system.
(2014-06-14, 10:18)schapplm Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 16:50)tafazzi87 Wrote: it's a fantastic service, but if i use a local path it works, but if i use a ftp resource it doesnt work why?
i've this error :

I notices this too. I use the virtual file system from xbmc ( xbmcvfs.mkdir(), .copy(), .exists() ). It seems, that xbmc can only read FTP paths, not write them.
This problem occured to me too when trying to export my video database (nfo files and posters) to my FTP sources (Frodo did not buffer local nfs and smb network sources but ftp sources).
I think it is easier to switch to smb or nfs source for the WL-database or somehow make a virtual drive for the ftp path in your operating system.

I'm having the same problem as tafazzi87, but I'm trying to save to a nfs source. I'm think if I can copy the local WL-database to the nfs source it might work?? However I don't know where or how to find the WL-database on my geexbox installHuh Not much use having the database stuck locally on the SD card, as it doesn't really work as a backup (things go wrong I flash the SD card) or to share watched status between different XBMC installs in the house.
Could you possible add matching based on Movie name?
I would like to move my watched moves to ext-hdd.

What effect will initiating a library scan have? Will the old entries be cleaned?
(2014-08-22, 09:19)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Could you possible add matching based on Movie name?
I would like to move my watched moves to ext-hdd.
In my opinion, matching based on movie names does not bring any advantages. Moving a movie to an external hdd and keeping the watched state is already possible with the addon.
(2014-08-22, 09:19)suku_patel_22 Wrote: What effect will initiating a library scan have? Will the old entries be cleaned?
depends on xbmc version and your settings. Usually, the entries are only cleaned by user action. After the library update you should start the watchedlist addon to restore the watched states for moved movies.
Does it still work with XBMC Gotham releases? I tried it with two different clients, both of them only create a 5kb big watchedlist.db, whcih is empty, after checking with SQLite explorer.
Since Gotham 13.2 there seem to be problems with a remote watchedlist. Until I figure out how to solve them, I recommend using a local database.
Eventually it is possible to mount an external database with /etc/fstab or comparable mounting tools.
Edit: Even this does not seem to work.
All my watchedlist were local.
It doesn't matter, where I create them, they are always blank.
I would really love to use it, because it's the best solution for a compelte database moveage and renaming for multiple clients, which all ahve their own watch states.
I think the problem was within the access to the SQLite db file. I uploaded a new version to the testing branch with a mysql addon database. In my tests it worked with XBMC 13.2.
Hey I'm using the add-on for some time now and I'm very happy with it. The problem is that i just got a new machine and i installed Gortham (for the first time) and can't find the Watchedlist neither in superrepo nor anywhere else, So could you please tell me where to get it from.

Thanks
There seem to be problems with SuperRepo as you noticed. I only can wait and hope that they fix it. Look at this guide or directly take this download link for the latest version.
Thanks i will install it from the zip
Hi,

First: Thanks for the great addon. I am using it to keep 3 xbmc installations synced.

However it is no longer working on one of my instalations after upgrading to 13.2.
I keep getting an WL-database error on PC2 wich has been updated. The .db file is located on PC1 in the windows network. I have used to download link from the latest version that you posted a few repys above.

After installing the latest version I just tried to run the addon with no luck, even when changing to a local .db file.

I have tried installing Gotham 13.1 without luck.

Any tips I can try?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3