Win XBMC won't add files to library
I've been using XBMC for a few years and I've added many a file to my library, but recently it doesn't want to work any more. Movies work fine, but it has a problem with TV shows. It all started when I realized that a multi-episode file was not named correctly and XBMC wasn't recognizing that it was two episodes, so I removed it from my library, renamed it properly (show.s09E1920.avi ->show.s09E19E20.avi) and then scanned for content to have it added again. Only thing is, it didn't see the file. I thought I'd remove the whole season and see if that would do it, so I moved the folder to another location, cleaned my library, put it back. The season disappeared from the library when cleaning, but now when I update my library to find the files, it still doesn't see them.

I'm using Frodo 12.2, and have had my library set up from a few versions back, so my library sources don't show up in "files" view. I tried adding the top level source with all my (SD) shows to "files" view, set it to have TV shows as content type and scanned it for new content, but still nothing. I even tried to export my library and checked the XML file and the season didn't show up there. I'm out of options at this point. I checked my debug log and it doesn't even try to scan the new folder, it just scans the folders of whatever is already in my library and thinks that nothing has been updated.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but when I wiped my computer last year, I exported my library to a single file and then imported it back in after re-install. I think that's why my old library sources don't show up in "files" view. I also do my scraping with Ember, so the nfo files and thumbnails are already there for XBMC to read.

Any ideas?
OK, this is bizarre but I figured it out. I moved two season folders away from the show's folder, and I ALSO moved the tbn files associated with the two seasons that were in the root folder for the show (which I hadn't done previously). Then I cleaned my library. Then I moved the season folders as well as the tbn files back, and re-updated my library and boom, the seasons came back. Very odd, but I'm glad it worked. And the multi-part episode now shows up correctly too Smile

So no help needed on this one, but it might help someone else with the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't add files to library0