Correct music management under XBMC
I am searching for a way to automatic sync my appletv's internal HDD with my music collection, so I can play it on XBMC.

Since now, I only have to turn on appletv when my pc is also on and iTunes is open, to have iTunes sync my music on the appletv (i'm running original appletv's OS, with xbmc on it). This is great because I don't have to do anything and I can get playlists, classifications and so on.

I'm moving to crystalbuntu, or openelec (don't know yet). The point is that starting directly on XBMC will make iTunes not to discover the appletv anymore (the original OS will be overwritten).

I tried to move the music on a NAS disk (where i can keep it organized and up to date), it works, but it is slow on skipping tracks and the feedback isn't quite good.

Any advice ? I want to be able to sync music on the internal appletv's hdd (maybe I can start it manually), so when I go to the music section of xbmc, the content is up to date. Since this involves the update of the music database of xbmc too, I don't know how to do it.

Waiting for your experience Smile
rsync (w:rsync (wiki)) might be a solution. It's very easy to set up under OpenELEC. Basically, you would share your iTunes music folder, and rsync would periodically sync the folder to the ATV/OE. It also works with Crystalbuntu, with a few extra steps.
Thank you.
This would synchronize the files, ok, but what about the ratings and xbmc's library update ?
I don't think iTunes stores ratings directly on files, it surely stores them on its own library file.
Any suggestion ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct music management under XBMC0