If you came here for support, do this one thing.
POST A DEBUG LOG
POST A DEBUG LOG
RetroPlayer is a new player core for Kodi Entertainment Center. It is similar to the video player and audio visualizer, but it plays games instead of movies and music.
Design and Components
- RetroPlayer: Code name of a new Kodi component that can play emulators, standalone games, and NVidia GameStream.
- Controller support: Remote-friendly way to reconfigure controllers.
- Game provider add-ons: Stream tens of thousands of games directly from the Internet Archive Software Collection
- Media readers: Cartridge adapters, like the Retrode, that give Kodi access to game
- Game save manager: Manage savestates and SRAM saves. This enables "gameplay persistence" - the game restarts right where you left off.
- Game library: What else other than the full Kodi experience? Box art, game trailers, gameplay videos, system intros, save states, and more.
- Network play: I fully completed a netplay add-on. It was slow and buggy and basically needs to be rewritten from scratch.
- Shaders: Let's start brainstorming what we want and how this could work. A CRT shader would be cool.
After over four years of development, RetroPlayer was merged into Kodi v18 "Leia".
Team Kodi doesn't ship emulators because they double the download size, and our add-on repo can't handle binary add-ons yet, so you'll have to get emulators from another source (such as my test builds) or compile them yourself.
LibreELEC is able to ship binary add-ons, so you can test RetroPlayer with one of their Leia builds. To enable RetroPlayer, insert the secret cheat code.
And it's recommended that you change Kodi to identify some extensions as games using Advancedsettings.xml (wiki) :