Win Xbmc auto detects mysql?
So i have a few linux xbmc installs, with mysql setup on frodo latest version.

And i just wanted to watch something so i downloaded the xbmc for windows. I installed it, ran xbmc and POOF it had all my mappings and shares etc that i normally have on a linux box too (but i always need to make adjustsments on linux before it works)

So my question (since i there is so much to find on mysql) how does it do this? Did i have some old file configs somewhere or does it scan the network for typical files or something like that? I mean it shows where i left off with movies, so i am pretty sure its hooked to my mysql database (which is on a qnap)
Maybe you had a copy of your /userdata/ folder there already (or copied it over later)? Or at least your advancedsettings.xml file?
Well thats the thing, my userdata folder doesn't contain any links to my nas as far as i can tell. i dont see a advancedsettings.xml in any of the folders where xbmc is installed either.
Rage Blackout?
Hmm no, there was a sources file in the appdata roaming thingy, i was looking into the userdata folder in the xbmc install.. silly me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc auto detects mysql?0