[Visson ATV-102 1Gb] Linux XBMC build
(2013-08-28, 08:53)antonymathew Wrote: hi stane and others....
I am now trying to build linux for vissontech atv-102 1gb variant. I have the arc32-gcc and also linux-aebi toolchains with me. Also linux source from pivos from github. Am i on right track here.. ? also which config should i be using to build linux. is it meson3-defconfig. please pardom if i am asking too basic things... I am midst of the huge linux development environment.. still a starter...

Hi,

Stuff from pivos repo is not prepared for visson, so you're on right track only if you want to do it all from scratch, otherwise, use my github Smile

Buildroot for m3: https://github.com/Stane1983/buildroot-m3
Kernel for m3: https://github.com/Stane1983/buildroot-linux-kernel-m3 (defconfig: meson_reff16_atv102_defconfig)

As I switched m3 buildroot with j1nx's, did not manage to include atv102 config in it yet. Also amlibplayer-m3 package in buildroot needs some changes, cause part of it is now prebuilt (have to fork it from pivos and modify my buildroot).

Will do it when I get time, busy with other projects atm. If you wish, you can contribute or toy with current state of buildroot using info I gave you Smile
(2013-09-02, 02:53)stane1983 Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 08:53)antonymathew Wrote: hi stane and others....
I am now trying to build linux for vissontech atv-102 1gb variant. I have the arc32-gcc and also linux-aebi toolchains with me. Also linux source from pivos from github. Am i on right track here.. ? also which config should i be using to build linux. is it meson3-defconfig. please pardom if i am asking too basic things... I am midst of the huge linux development environment.. still a starter...

Hi,

Stuff from pivos repo is not prepared for visson, so you're on right track only if you want to do it all from scratch, otherwise, use my github Smile

Buildroot for m3: https://github.com/Stane1983/buildroot-m3
Kernel for m3: https://github.com/Stane1983/buildroot-linux-kernel-m3 (defconfig: meson_reff16_atv102_defconfig)

As I switched m3 buildroot with j1nx's, did not manage to include atv102 config in it yet. Also amlibplayer-m3 package in buildroot needs some changes, cause part of it is now prebuilt (have to fork it from pivos and modify my buildroot).

Will do it when I get time, busy with other projects atm. If you wish, you can contribute or toy with current state of buildroot using info I gave you Smile

HI stane...
Thanks for the github links.. and i am sure i can help since i am eager to learn things in this side of linunx. obviously i want to see my visson tech atv102 booting up properly after quite days of slumber... since a starter i will firsst use your sources to try out and familiarise.. and graduallly contribute to the development i think....
regards
antony mathew
(2013-06-21, 16:41)lehepa Wrote: Hi stane,
When you think the CVBS will be fixed? Any idea?
Do you have any other firmware where CVBS works? I don't have the original firmware and visson didn't reply my emails.
Thanks for your efforts. Smile

Hi, to all, just wanted to say that proof of concept for analogue CVBS output on Amlogic MX platform is here.

I know its not M3, but maybe I'll solve that too some day...

Current PoC uses Mali API 20 (r3p2-01rel1) ported to Amlogic platform and libs that goes with that...

Now, are there ntsc/pal skins? Smile On picture I'm running Quartz (1080 Big Grin)
@stane1983

How this affect the HDMI output ?

If I understand correcty then connecting a cable to an analog output will not initiate and event in Linux.
For example on the Raspberry Pi there's a check on boot if HDMI is connected, if negative then the analog video will be enabled and if I remember correctly then if you connect the HDMI after boot you'll get picture but with the wrong resolution.
(2014-02-20, 13:17)dhead Wrote: @stane1983

How this affect the HDMI output ?

If I understand correcty then connecting a cable to an analog output will not initiate and event in Linux.
For example on the Raspberry Pi there's a check on boot if HDMI is connected, if negative then the analog video will be enabled and if I remember correctly then if you connect the HDMI after boot you'll get picture but with the wrong resolution.

I didnt come to that part yet. For now I only managed to enable av via passing params to sysfs nodes of display and video managment drivers. Same thing can be done here (and basically only one option for now I think), as on raspberry pi. Check hdmi status, if not connected, boot in PAL or NTSC (new setting in xbmc, which to use?), otherwise boot with hdmi res. Changes to XBMC needed afaik.
Stane, do you think your Linux XBMC could/should work with ATV-106 aka Prometheus?
Most of your posts mention you're working with ATV-102 which is an M3 while ATV-106 is an M6 hence my question.
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2014-02-22, 04:25)john3voltas Wrote: Stane, do you think your Linux XBMC could/should work with ATV-106 aka Prometheus?
Most of your posts mention you're working with ATV-102 which is an M3 while ATV-106 is an M6 hence my question.
Cheers

This is accomplished on MX board very similar to ATV-102s/ATV-106/Prometheus, so.... yes. However, I never built XBMC for that device because of too much work. I do have however Android fw for that device which is based on latest Amlogic 4.2.2 sources (2013-12-25) which needs few more stuff to be changed, then I'll release it on stane1983.com.

About Linux, I dont have time atm, but will upgrade my github kernel sources with latest Mali driver so if anyone interested, he can do it (Mali libs api 20 are already added to my github buildroot).

Update: Gotham works on latest Amlogic sources, but picture is in 4:3 format. Gotham asks for SU access, but I'm not receiving dialog for granting access (CM10.1 Settings implementation of SU). I pretty much know why picture is in 4:3, just give me a hint, can't remember sysfs node name.

@davilla, which sysfs node needs different permissions?
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
chmod 666 /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
Thanks for this work my ATV-102 is born again :-)

I use your link to install the preset distrib then use ssh to change the file access on folder to allow me to save my settings.

So if it s can help root ssh account password is the same as a pivos so letmein

I have 2 question, :
is anyone as also the screen blinking some time , never during the plaback only on xbmc screen
do you think we can use wifi devise as access point

thanks
Hi

I m fighting to get something running on my ATV-102, anyone as the correct source to compile every thing?

thanks a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Visson ATV-102 1Gb] Linux XBMC build1