Best solutiong to Watch Live TV
I have XBMC running on an Intel NUC windows 8 configuration. Ideally I would like to use XBMC to watch live TV as well, so I just have one environment for any media, period.

I am questioning what the best setup is. I am currently having a Dreambox 7025+ for watching TV and get a stream going via the Vu/Enigma2 plugin, but it is not very smooth and like you are really watching to a TV.

Since I want to switch to a HD satellite solution anyway (probably VU+ or Dreambox, want to keep on using CCcam), I would like to hear opinions about what the best and most stable solution/setup is watching live television and connecting XBMC to a satellite receiver. I have been reading other threads, but it is difficult to see the forest through the trees.
Buy a sundtek dvb-s2 stick and install Openelec with xbmc and tvheadend server on your nuc. Tvheadend is really nice.
If your on Windows, check out NPVR, its easy to setup and easy enough to maintain

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Not sure if I understand.
- Sundtek dvb-s2 looks like a satellite tuner, which will work for FTA channels
- NPVR seems to work on windows when you have a satellite tuner card in your pc

Not sure how to connect/relate these solutions to a Dreambox or VU+ receiver using CCcam.
There is a vuplus PVR addon. Have you tried it?

Also use the search function here and search for dreambox, it shows quite a few threads.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best solutiong to Watch Live TV0