Win How to automatically put movies in XBMC
This may be basic, but I can't find it on here.

Basically, I have XBMC all set up and working. I have my folder with my movies in it that uploads great. My problem is when I decide to add a movie to my movies folder. Is there a way so that when I add a movie to my movies folder, it will automatically get updated into xbmc? I know I can manually go in to file mode, then find it and press (i) and go from there, but that is a hassle when I want to add multiple movies.

I'm also very new to XBMC, so if there are any other basic add-ons that I should have, please let me know!!

Looking forward to being part of this community.
Automatic updating is usually done by external programs that can communicate with XBMC. I dont know how you get your movies or TV shows but programs like NZBdrone, SickBeard and Couchpotato update XBMc after renaming and moving your content to its destination. If you do want to update manually, you can just go into File section and from the context menu do a scan for new content and it will add all the new stuff it finds to your library. You can also program this function to your HTPC remote (if your using one)

Welcome to XBMC Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Besides going on to the context menu and picking 'library update', you can also go to settings -> video -> update library at start. THis way whenever u open xbmc it will look for new stuff Smile
You can install wget on any box windows or linux and have it (cron or windows scheduler) send periodic library update commands.
I have SABnzbd on a linux box send a library update after new content is downloaded with this:

#!/bin/sh

wget -q -t 3 -T 5 "http://username:[email protected]:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary (video)" >> /dev/null

You can easily make a windows batch file to have it do the same under windows.
יונתן בן-חיים
thanks everyone!!! I'm going to download one of those programs that saitoh mentioned (thanks!!) and also enable the updating at start up that vbkun mentioned. Thanks for everything. I don't know if there is a 'respect' or 'karma' or 'points' I can give you guys, but if I can....let me know!!
Click on our names and you will see reputation

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-05-16, 02:00)MagicKnights Wrote: I don't know if there is a 'respect' or 'karma' or 'points' I can give you guys, but if I can....let me know!!

Press the +/- button under the post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to automatically put movies in XBMC0