Tool for Google Summer of Code: Flower Dev Center
Hello GSoC Mentors,

As you are participating to Google Summer of Code, I'm wondering if you could consider using Flower Dev Center [1] while working with students.

Flower Dev Center is an online platform for UML modeling diagramming, with a strong focus on code synchronization, integration with dev tools (Git, SVN, etc) and real time collaboration on diagrams (and a little bit on code as well).

We think Flower Dev Center can be helpful for both: mentors and students during Google Summer of Code. We have created an article on this topic (i.e. Flower Dev Center + GSoC): [2], [3].

If you have a couple of spare minutes, could you tell us if you would like to use Flower Dev Center? And/or raise topics that you think are important (based on previous GSoC participations) to be supported by Flower Dev Center?

REMARK1: Right now, Flower Dev Center is closed source and offered for free to open-source projects. Starting with next version we'll begin to open its API and source code, so that anyone could write extension plugins, etc.

REMARK2: The next version of Flower Dev Center, the 2.0.0 planned for June/July 2013, has major new features, that we did not demonstrate yet and that will improve even more the collaboration between developers.

REMARK3: Flower Dev Center doesn't currently support C++ programming language. But if you are interested in using Flower Dev Center, we'll prioritize it's implementation and we'll work hard to do it ASAP, with Flower Dev Center 2.0.0.

REMARK4: Flower Dev Center will support programming languages that are not object oriented, starting with 2.0.0

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mircea @ The Flower Platform Team.

[1] - Flower Dev Center web site - http://www.flower-platform.com
[2] - Video “Flower Dev Center + Google Summer of Code” - http://learn-discuss.flower-platform.com..._the_video
[3] - Text version with same content as the above video - http://learn-discuss.flower-platform.com..._code_2013
I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't check it out just yet, but C++ support is pretty much a requirement for any XBMC development.
Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

Quote:but C++ support is pretty much a requirement for any XBMC development.

Sure thing. We already have tests and a prototype for the C and C++ language. When you have time, please take a look on the docs. If you think it'll be useful for you (GSoC and not only), we'll start working asap!

PS: Congrats for XBMC. I use it at home on my raspberry pi. It would be awesome if the XBMC guys would use Flower Dev Center Smile

Best regards,
Cristian @ Flower Platform Team
also, closed source. meh. not interested
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will launch the new Flower Platform 2.0.0 this July, at OSCON, as an open source project (probably under GPL3).

Best regards,
Gabriela @ Flower Platform Team

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tool for Google Summer of Code: Flower Dev Center0