Linux imon with learning mce remote
Hey!

I bought a new mce remote that can learn ir signals.

I am aware that I cant power on my HTPC with a mce remote this is why I cloned the power on key from the imon_pad remote to the new mce remote and it works. Blush
But now I am unable to power off the system because the power off button is obviously sending an unknown keypress. Unfortunately irw or ir-keytable -t does not show any output for that very key.
I know that now can just assign this key to another button but before doing this I want to know if I can maybe load a second table with ir-keytable?
According to the help it should append code table entries if you dont clear them before with ir-keytable -c but at least in my case this does not work, what means the old table(imon_pad) is cleared after loading the new one (imon_mce).
So is there a way to avoid this or is there even a better way to handle this?

Thanks!
bump Blush
Hi

Have you tried to change the protocol of the imon receiver? You can do this with the command ir-keytable -p RC-6.
After that you can load the imon_mce keytable: ir-keytable -c -w /path/to/imon_mce.
Then you have to setup up remote to send the commands of a mce remote and not of a imon_pad.
If this all works ir-keytable should show an output if you press a key.
Excuse me...but might it be, that the syntax for outprinting buttons has to be

Code:
sudo ir-keytable -t

You can also test

Code:
irw

for testing. This is the testtool from lirc

Greetings

Take a look at this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1062125
Your right, i missed the -t. And all the mentoined commands have to be executed with root rights.
With my Imon device irw didn't output anything while ir-keytable -t did after changing the protocol
and the keytable.

To get everything working I needed to setup up lirc in a secound step. But first ir-keytable should
show some output.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
imon with learning mce remote1