DVBLink PVR Addin
Hi People,

I am new to XBMC so please be gentle :-)

I am looking at ditching Windows Media Center and moving to XBMC and so I am setting up for the wife and childeren test.

I allready use DVBLink for the Windows Media Center setup and have this part running but when ever I try to connect the XBMC PVR addin to the DVBLink Server I get a cannot connect message. I am using the default port of 39876 with no user name or password and could not get recordings: 2000.

I have noticed that if I shut down XBMC and launch it again the port defaults back to 8080?? Is this an issue with the plugin??

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Mike
Which plugin are you using?

I would recommend the one by Zeroniak which can be found here:
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?...dba9658862

This thread also highlights some of the current bugs. I think there is a bug with DVBLink 4.5.3 which is the recording symptom you describe. Zeroniak has said a new release of the plugin may come next week which should hopefully iron it out.

Tested working with XBMC 12.1 and 12.2 (I think).

Not experienced your port changing issue first hand so cannot comment other than it doesn't affect me.

One thing to note is that the EPG within XBMC is not there yet I don't think, some skins are better than others. It will come good in time but is the one thing from keeping me from migrating fully to distributed XBMC. Staying with WMC for the short term.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
Thanks I will check this out.

Do you know if 12.2 XBMC supports Series Link functionality??

Cheers

Mike
I was using DVBLink and setup XBMC. I was wondering what skin you were going to use to pass the wife and kids test? I am using reFocus Big and it is pretty close to looking similar to MCE
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Hi,

Actually XBMC failed the family test completely because its missing series link, they also found the UI hard to use compared to Windows Media Centre as its closer to the Sky interface than anything else.

If anyone has any thoughts on XBMC and series link as well as skins to make it more user friendly, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink PVR Addin0