OS X Question regarding folder thumbnails
According to the XBMC Wiki for How should local images be named for Frodo?:

Quote:Since Frodo now supports both posters and banners simultaneously, and for other supported images, the following naming conventions are available for local images (Only required if the user wants to specify what image to use. Otherwise XBMC will automatically download images from the video scraper). Whenever possible, old Eden style naming is supported for backwards compatibility.

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)
  • poster.(png/jpg)
  • banner.(png/jpg)
  • fanart.(png/jpg)

I view my video library in files mode. My directory structure looks something like this:

DVDs
|
+---Kids
|
+---Anime

In the Kids, Anime, etc. directories I have placed a poster.jpg file. XBMC does not seem to like the file to be named poster.jpg where it ends up showing the default image for a directory. If I change that file to be named folder.jpg, XBMC ends up displaying the image correctly. I am able to use poster.jpg in subdirectories under Kids, Anime, etc. and XBMC shows those images correctly. So my question is this, is this a bug in XBMC or does the Wiki need to be updated?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
The wiki is written assuming you are scraping your media and artwork into your media library - it's not written from the Files mode perspective, as most people don't use that mode exclusively (people use Files mode, yes, but in combination with library scraping in which case artwork is displayed as described).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Once scanned into the library, the images should also show up in Files view.

EDIT: wait, sounds like you just want folder.jpg. It's not on the Frodo FAQ because the FAQ just mentions new naming conventions. I need to update the general artwork wiki page to make it complete.
(2013-05-18, 04:02)Ned Scott Wrote: Once scanned into the library, the images should also show up in Files view.

EDIT: wait, sounds like you just want folder.jpg. It's not on the Frodo FAQ because the FAQ just mentions new naming conventions. I need to update the general artwork wiki page to make it complete.

What is the URL to the general artwork wiki page?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question regarding folder thumbnails0