best device for xbmc
I had a Boxee. That thing played literally everything I threw at it. It was ultra laggy with the UI and took an eternity to scan files.

The Ouya is much faster. It only has 1 USB port though, and likes to freak out and freeze a lot, depending on what you're playing. I have no clue what I'm playing that it doesn't like, but it kinda seems to rely on which hard drive I pull from.

The remote is odd, but you won't lose it in the couch.
The Boxee guys shamelessly forked XBMC, raised enough venture capitalist funding, went on countless BBQ trips with their team (judging by their blogs), basically sold their company off and killed any future support for software updates.

Not to mention misleading promises: http://infinityoverzero.com/bbox/

This isn't a Kickstarter, so they should have been held to their word.... Either way, best thing I ever did was to sell the Boxee while I still could /rant off

Now I read that you can install XBMC on it though, so I suppose it might be an option if you already own one - if not then Ouya seems fine.

1 USB is quite a strange limitation... even if they argue you can use a HUB. (defeating the purpose of a small HTPC imo)
<offtopic>They also recently had their old website forums hacked, and the hackers got everyone's encrypted passwords. While the passwords are encrypted, it's possible to eventually break that encryption. So they even screwed their customers from beyond the grave.</offtopic>
Which is why I've learned that you should never buy a product for what it can be tomorrow, rather what it is NOW. These guys either changed their mind when they saw all the $$$ or were well versed in the art of bait-and-switch.

Edit: Still pisses me off though.

Edit 2: Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread... Just had to be said.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best device for xbmc0