OS X About the one channel issue with mp3 playback
I don't know if it could help you guys to solve the problem, but when I select Airplay at the audio output device in the audio output settings, both channels works with mp3 playback.

But of course when trying to play other format (DTS track, by example) with this setting, it does a bad noise (similar to the noise the TV does when there is only snow at the screen, don't know if it is clear...)

Maybe it can give you a hint about what is causing the problem.
Yes the hint is that airplay doesn't support dts or multichannel passthrough. Only 2.0 audio can be transfered via airplay.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
in XBMC: Settings -> System -> Audio output

turn off all the "...capable receiver" options
I know that airplay doesn't support it, all I'm saying is that in every other output modes, the one channel issue is there except with airplay output.

So maybe this information can help you track the source of the problem, I'm not a programmer, far from it, but I thought maybe this might help.

Thanks Ned, but I went back to 12.0 because I use XBMC mostly for TV shows and movies and I don't wanna remove the audio passthrough,
If you hear static noise then it means it's bypassing something your receiver doesn't understand. Downgrading shouldn't fix that, as far as I know.
I went back to 12.0 to get 2 channels back when I play mp3 audio tracks which some of my TV shows have.

When I'm in HDMI output, there is no static at all, its only when the audio output is at airplay.

But with the 12.2, it was either HDMI output and get 1 channel with everything in mp3 or at airplay output, get 2 channel with mp3 but static with everything else.

In 12.0, HDMI output, everything is working including mp3 playback.
I have the same issue, no video file with MP3 sound works. All other sound formats works just fine. When playing files with MP3 sound i do not get any sound at all and the picture is stuttering. I did not have any problems with XBMC 12.0

I'm using XBMC 12.2 on a Mac Mini 2.6 GHz i7 and using the HDMI for sound and picture output to an Denon AVR-4310.
It is not the same issue, as the image is fine and the left channel works, only the right channel is missing in my case.
Setting the Speaker Output in XBMC to 2.0, and the rest to enabled, AND changing the Midi/speaker settings in OSX to 2-ch setup permits correct MP3 playing from music files and/or movies with MP3 sound.

Then when files with more channels are played, they work fine as well, as they do not go through the Midi engine in OSX...

Memphiz has prescribed that solution and it works!
Yes I know, but I use audirvana with itunes, and audirvana change back the osx midi setting as soon as I use it to play a song so, can't modify the midi settings in my case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About the one channel issue with mp3 playback0