• 4(current)
Release SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)
(2013-06-04, 15:44)Lucleonhart Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 21:28)tom66 Wrote: Please try the Refresh Fanart Cache option in the settings menu; if that does not work delete your TexturesNN.db file in userdata/Database (I think 13 for XBMC 12.2) which will force refresh of thumbnails.

edit: Also turn off the Transparent Border option as it is presently broken (it should be fixed soon, but most skins don't seem to need it.)
Thanks for the suggestion! I disabled the transparent border option and it works now. Seems to be pretty broken to me. Wink

Edit: I am using Aeon Nox which has a beautiful "Landscape" View Mode for Movies and TV Shows. Does anybody know how i can enable this viewtype for SteamBMC? The Logos are totally cropped in Any Viewmode except of InfoWall which is ugly. ^^

Transparent Border should work on wide icons, but not on tall icons. It's a low priority demo feature for now; if I find it's not needed, I'll remove it. If not, I'll improve it and get it working with tall icons too.

Viewtypes... I think it's because the addon is written to appear in the Programs menu, I could add the option to make it become a Videos addon which would have all of the Video viewtypes... the problem really is the skins need to enable more viewtypes for the Programs items.
(2013-06-04, 17:35)tom66 Wrote: [quote='Lucleonhart' pid='1436410' dateline='1370353474']
Viewtypes... I think it's because the addon is written to appear in the Programs menu, I could add the option to make it become a Videos addon which would have all of the Video viewtypes... the problem really is the skins need to enable more viewtypes for the Programs items.
Already asked in the Nox forum, thanks. Smile
One more thing: Willyou cache the games locally so i can open up SteamBMC and browse my games directly while it refreshes the list in the background? At the moment i have to wait at least half a minute for the script to start. Smile

Thanks again for the awesome work.
v1.0.5 or v1.1.0 will have a local database which only updates every so often, perhaps after the script has launched, or on request. So it will be faster. I wanted to add a "Linux only" or "Mac only" filter to it, too; if it did not have a database it would hammer the Steam servers on start up as it has to download the game info page for each game.
@tom66, you can use xbmcplugin.setContent() to enable the views the skin allows for that content type: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...setContent

That way it's still a program addon
Great. I added that and you do get other viewtypes. However, don't expect much special... Aeon Nox scales them by zooming and cropping them. I'm going to make the transparent border feature a priority, but I don't know how that will look.
(2013-06-04, 21:05)tom66 Wrote: Great. I added that and you do get other viewtypes. However, don't expect much special... Aeon Nox scales them by zooming and cropping them. I'm going to make the transparent border feature a priority, but I don't know how that will look.
Any download link for that? Smile
It's in the repo, if you want, I think.

I'm taking a brief hiatus from SteamBMC development for now, because I am at home (not at uni) and do not have my lovely rescued-from-the-dump 46" Panasonic plasma to play with, nor a computer running Steam.

Development will probably resume September or before then as I really wrote this for myself (though it's proven quite popular.) I'll try to check this thread and reply semi-regularly though.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!! Smile Smile

I always wanted this addon...

I am currently using adv. launcher for each game separately which is just painful.

Now let's wait for the linux release Smile
Hi, i just installed the addon, but i dont get it working

I can't enter the correct Steam-Url. Always trying http://steamcommunity.com/id/freesy1312/...=all&xml=1

if i go to this with chrome, there comes a list with all my games, but the addon keeps saying "You don't have entered the correct STEAM Url"

can anyone help me? btw i'm loving this addon
You want to enter "freesy1312" for your Custom URL.

New release 1.0.5 stable very soon, here's a teaser:
- Uses sqlite3 database, now launches in 0.5 seconds! Scraping takes a little longer, but only happens when you want or every hour/day/7 days/30 days/manually (user selectable.)
- Folders supported -- file away your games as wanted. Folders can be fully nested and games can be added to multiple folders (or none at all, effectively hiding them.) Create unlimited folders and unlimited nestings.
- Hide games not supported on your platform. For example Windows only games can be (optionally) hidden on Linux platforms.
- Performance improvements for Linux. (@Kidlike: Linux is supported in 1.0.3 already but has some performance issues, those should now be fixed.)
- Game descriptions are now visible as a "plot" item on most skins, fully scraped from Steam website.

Plans for 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 (i.e. will not make it into 1.0.5 yet):
- Game genre/extra info on skin (currently blank.)
- Multiple artwork support. Selectable, auto selecting highest detail/resolution. And on skins supporting it, fading between them (not sure if possible.)
- Adding artwork to folders based on games they contain or custom user design.
- Clean up all the LOGNOTICE events which make xbmc.log huge.
- (maybe) adding non-Steam games.
- (maybe) finally get transparent borders to work.
- (maybe) multiple Steam accounts - depends on security issues storing users' passwords.

I will consider a release of 1.2.0 to be a stable, ready for production use release.
I tried to install this but it says "dependencies not met".

I see in the addon.xml that it requires "script.module.pil" and "xbmc.python".

How do I install these?

I am running ubuntu 12.04 and xbmc eden.
Eden -- version 11? No idea if that's supported, sorry. Can you try Frodo? If not, you can -try- installing SuperREPO to get script.module.pil but I expect xbmc.python is only available on v12.
Do you know if there is a way to update from eden to frodo?
Here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._to_v12.3F
Version 1.0.5 beta testers needed!

Download it here:
http://www.tgohome.com/SteamBMC/releases...-1.0.5.zip

Preview:

Features (as described above):
- Uses sqlite3 database, now launches in 0.5 seconds! Scraping takes a little longer, but only happens when you want or every hour/day/7 days/manually (user selectable.)
- Folders supported -- file away your games as wanted. Folders can be fully nested and games can be added to multiple folders (or none at all, effectively hiding them.) Create unlimited folders and unlimited nestings.
- Hide games not supported on your platform. For example Windows only games can be (optionally) hidden on Linux platforms.
- Performance improvements for Linux.
- Game descriptions are now visible as a "plot" item on most skins, fully scraped from Steam website.

Known bugs:
- Artwork change not implemented
- Adding a game to a folder doesn't redirect properly to that folder
- Changing "OS Check" requires a refresh of plugin to see changes

Not yet tested on Windows, but it should still work.

Please inform me of any bugs as this has had a fairly significant rework/redesign.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)0