• 8(current)
Release SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)
Excellent news!
I've pushed version 0.2.0 of SteamBMC to my repository. I consider it kinda usable by now, though it's still some work.

You can get the repo by installing this addon: https://github.com/Leandros/XBMC-Reposit...-1.0.0.zip

Changelog for Version 0.2.0:
- Add folders for installed and uninstalled games
- Add working icons for games
- Add working fanart for games

If you find any issues, either open an issue on Github (https://github.com/Leandros/SteamBMC) or just write it into this thread.

Have fun!
I'm probably being remarkably stupid here, but I've just installed v0.2.0, and can't seem to get it to work. I think it might be due to my ignorance over where to point the steam binary setting. What exactly am I typing in there?

I've entered my steam community ID, (which as far as I'm aware is the *NAME* part of http://steamcommunity.com/id/*NAME*) but whenever I try to start the addon it pops up with the Error! Script Failed! message.

If it's not the binary, what could it be?
I have the same issue unfortunately as MrOns. I've entered my Steam user ID and made my profile and inventory public but it still doesn't work.

The log message looks like this:

Code:
14:27:28 T:2368  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:27:28 T:2368  NOTICE: SteamBMC (SteamBMC) Version 0.2.0
14:27:29 T:2368   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'xml.sax._exceptions.SAXParseException'>
                                            Error Contents: <unknown>:21:88: not well-formed (invalid token)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.programs.steambmcdev\default.py", line 144, in <module>
                                                steamuser.getOwnedGames(prog_callback=progress)
                                              File "C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.programs.steambmcdev\steamapi.py", line 274, in getOwnedGames
                                                xml.sax.parseString(r.content, sax_engine)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\sax\__init__.py", line 49, in parseString
                                                parser.parse(inpsrc)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 107, in parse
                                                xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\sax\xmlreader.py", line 123, in parse
                                                self.feed(buffer)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\sax\expatreader.py", line 211, in feed
                                                self._err_handler.fatalError(exc)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\sax\handler.py", line 38, in fatalError
                                                raise exception
                                            SAXParseException: <unknown>:21:88: not well-formed (invalid token)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:27:30 T:3444   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.programs.steambmcdev/?do=installed
14:27:30 T:3444   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.programs.steambmcdev/?do=installed) failed
14:27:30 T:2532  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
14:27:30 T:2532 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.programs.steambmcdev/folder.jpg?do=installed
14:27:30 T:2532 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.programs.steambmcdev/folder.jpg?do=notinstalled
14:27:32 T:3116  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
I just wanted to bring something up.

Steam's Beta for in home streaming is now out. You are able to play games hosted on your gaming PC from any other computer on your network that runs Steam.

I am not sure how this will work with your plugin since the games do not have to be installed on the XBMC machine. Just wanted to bring this up.
I'm in the home streaming beta - its working really well for me, but Big Picture Mode is too heavy for my HTPC which is why I'm interested in this add-on.

If any help is needed with testing a future version of the add-on with home streaming I'd be happy to test etc.
(2014-02-01, 04:44)MrOns Wrote: I'm probably being remarkably stupid here, but I've just installed v0.2.0, and can't seem to get it to work. I think it might be due to my ignorance over where to point the steam binary setting. What exactly am I typing in there?

I've entered my steam community ID, (which as far as I'm aware is the *NAME* part of http://steamcommunity.com/id/*NAME*) but whenever I try to start the addon it pops up with the Error! Script Failed! message.

If it's not the binary, what could it be?

I'm having the same problem...........

Any help is appreciated...

Hobs
With regards to home streaming...

I took a brief look at the code and it uses a simple command line switch to launch the game (steam.exe -applaunch <AppID>). It was easy enough to stick this in a batch file and test it on a home streaming client, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Instead of launching the stream it starts the download process as the game isn't installed locally.

So we're a bit stuck until Valve add new command line switches to start game streams :-(
Hi i have a xtreamer ultra 2 with OpenELEC-ION.x86_64-3.2.4 installed, I can import my steam games but when i start game it just loads a black screen with a cross as mouse i have copy steam folder from my other ssd that has windows 7 installed but when installed steam i installed it to external 1tb drive because i dont have both ssd running at same time, how is i can make the games run in xbmc?
Check out my thread on how to play online games in XBMC.....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186962

Hobs
Sorry, had a lot of stuff to do. I'll take a look at your issues.
If you want to avoid bugs/issues then maybe a Steam skin for XBMC would be another viable option, from there you could launch Steam's native client in big picture mode.
Hello, I'm having a problem with this addon, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
To be precise, in fullscreen mode the execution of the addon seems to stop at 75%.
When I tried running XBMC in windowed mode, to see more clearly what was goin on, I could notice that the addon actually starts the game correctly, but then the focus snaps back to XBMC; if I click on the game button on the taskbar, opening the window, it work perfectly, so it seems that the only issue is how to keep the focus on the game.
Do you have any suggestions?

P.S.: I'm running XBMC Gotham on Windows Vista.
(2014-03-19, 19:09)nooryani84 Wrote: If you want to avoid bugs/issues then maybe a Steam skin for XBMC would be another viable option, from there you could launch Steam's native client in big picture mode.

Starting Big Picture through SteamBMC works flawlessly.
ok how exactly do you you this ? i entered my steam ID name and nothing . By any chance do you have a sample pic or directions for what im suppose to type in the url ?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SteamBMC - Launch and play Steam games from XBMC (v1.0.0, buggy but works)0