So how do I play 3d side by side mkvs (AMD video card)
Not sure if the video card makes a difference but I am using an AMD card

When I play the mkv file in xbmc and TMT 6, I get a side by side video.

I'm not sure if I have to manually set my tv to convert the video to 3d
(2013-05-18, 19:21)andyd Wrote: I'm not sure if I have to manually set my tv to convert the video to 3d

u have to
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I read about people using Stereoscopic Player as an external player but only found comments of those using NVIDIA cards (and needing a 3d app from NVIDIA app installed)

There isn't a way to get it to work with AMD?

This is an example...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ereoScopic
don´t know, havent tried, cause there is no benefit of using an external player in this case...
for me the only reason to use an external player would be to get real FullHD 3D MVC working...
for this crappy SBS stuff, the internal player will do as good as any other external player.
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Most 3D capable displays will detect when they are receiving an SBS or O/U signal and prompt you to switch to 3D mode. The display needs to to the work here, not the software. The software can just convert the source into a compatible signal for viewing 3D signals.

bimme is correct with his comment. Though some SBS is better than others, (not all is "crappy)...
While playing SBS or OU movies in xbmc and other common players like vlc and kmplayer, I have to manually select the proper 3D mode in my Sony 3DTV. Stereoscopic player and WinDVD can automatically convert the SBS and OU movies to 3D . In this case the TV will show '3D Signal detected' and will automatically switch to 3D. For this you need HDMI 1.4 compliant GPU and enable nVidia 3D vision in GPU settings.
Thanks guys. What I'm hoping to do is what you mention baijuxavior as I'm trying to avoid having to manually set my TV to convert the image even if it's a "crappy" SBS video. HDMI 1.4 is not an issue. The issue is that most of the guides I've seen are geared towards Nvidia not AMD so I'm not sure how to handle
It should also work with amd cards that support 3d blu-rays.
If the display can use SBS or O/U to make 3D images, why would you use another piece of software to convert to a frame-packed mode? You gain nothing other than complexity of using extra software. If you are actually playing frame-packed Blurays, then it makes sense...

For me, it's as simple as playing the video with the internal player (or any other player, for that matter) and my Panasonic tells me that it looks like it's a 3D movie and to push the 3D button to enable that mode. DONE.
I find it far more simpler to have it done automatically for me after initial setup than to press a button to turn off / on 3d
I use TV 3d mode instead of software, because software 3d always meses up with system resolution. In 3d mode, the resolution is set to 1080p 24Hz and it is not reverted to 1080p 60Hz after stopping the playback. I also found 3d mode makes the system to lag.
Ah ok. That's good to know then
(2013-05-22, 17:03)jhhoffma Wrote: For me, it's as simple as playing the video with the internal player (or any other player, for that matter) and my Panasonic tells me that it looks like it's a 3D movie and to push the 3D button to enable that mode. DONE.

Is it really that simple? A friend of mine has a Samsung 3D TV and he usually has to adjust the screen in the TV options to achieve the 3D video the way it's supposed to look.
(2013-05-23, 01:27)boingman Wrote: Is it really that simple? A friend of mine has a Samsung 3D TV and he usually has to adjust the screen in the TV options to achieve the 3D video the way it's supposed to look.
Buy a better TV? Wink

Some displays don't have separate picture settings for 3D mode, which is stupid.

I also agree with baijuxavior. Software 3D conversions usually affect other problems with the setup and usually results in poorer quality than a display-based conversion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So how do I play 3d side by side mkvs (AMD video card)0