is the Acer Aspire Revo 3600 still worth using ?
Meaning. Can i stream 720p and 1080p from my NAS in the living room without buffering and stuttering ?

The only thing that looks like a downside is the fan, although i am not sure how loud it is, but i can pack it away. i got a great deal on it, so there is no reason for "for just 800$ more you could get the bees knees" replies.

is anyone here still using the Acer Revo, and if so. what can i expect ?
I'm still using it, and have been for years with no (hardware) problems. Maybe add a little ram and you're good. Potentially of note: I run this on Ubuntu, not Windows.
Still got my revo 3700. Took the wifi card out and bunged in an SSD.

Still on 2GB ram and its absolutely silent in operation with wired network streaming of 1080p MKVs.

Only reason I bought a NUC was to put simerec into it and hide it away in a cupboard Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I am not sure what the differences between the 3600 and 3700 are but I had a 3700 before I bought an Intel NUC and it played everything except Netflix on a web browser.
thanks guys. sounds good.. can't wait until it gets here. My current set up suffers from massive buffering issues.
Dd you increase your RAM from 2 GB or not?

If not than your buffering issues can be because of RAM or check out your internet connection as well...
2gb ram is plenty. Openelec doesn't use more than that. It's a waste.

Most likely trying to stream hd over wifi is the problem.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Hi guys,

I have a Packard Bell's Imax Mini N3600 which is basically a rebadging of Acer's Revo 3600

My fan is well - dead.. VERY VERY hard to find a replacement but I really like this unit [even with 1G] and it just works [when it has a fan.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement fan?

OR know of a hack I can use using an alternative fan / method.

Many thanks

Major4
Can't you use a graphics card / riser card fan and mod the fan off it into place of the duff one?

Like this

Look at this on eBay:

PC Case Exhaust Fan/Video Card Cooler Fan

http://bit.ly/1cNF1sA

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Im still using my Acer 1600 so I think you'll be fine. Wink

Revo 3610 user here since first week of launch everything works flawlessly using Nox, had stuttering issues when using XBMC Windows but switched to Live and i can throw anything at it.
I have a 3600 and a 3700... used every day... they play everything. Indeed, I only ever bought the 3700 because the 3600 didn't have an optical out - otherwise, I upgraded the RAM originally (to Windows spec, which means it's 90% unused under OpenElec!) and added an SSD for that "instant on" feeling.

Anyway, replacement fans seem to be available from eBay here - $25+ delivered from China, so you may have a wait. If nothing else, it gives an indication of the other models that take the same part, so you could perhaps start searching for those as well/instead to see if there's something closer to home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACER-Aspire-R360...43bf76b9d0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FOR-ACER-Asp...4ac857d0d1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is the Acer Aspire Revo 3600 still worth using ?0