Linux simple question about of a list of file on Raspberry pi
Hello,

Could you help me please ? perhaps it's a dumb question but I've a simple question.
I've a raspberry Pi B 512M with OpenElec on an USB key. I've a FreeNAS 3.0-BETA2-X64 (R12317M) that host music, videos and images files. Freenas file system is ZFS.
OpenElec : Linux 3.8.7#1 PREEMPT Sat Apr 20 14:47:33 CEST 2013 / XBMC 12.2-PRE Git:f1106fc (Compiled: Apr 20 2013)
vendor OpenGL: Broadcom
version OpenGL: OpenGL ES 2.0
CPU: ARMV6-compatible processor rev 7 (v61)
BogoMips:2.00
Hardware BCM2708
Revision : 000e

I succesfully connected a freenas with my OpenElec. I got a very simple list of files when I choose Videos => "Freenas video source".
This list doesn't differ on what I got whithout XBMC. Only the name with the size? Is there a way to have the jackets with the name of the files ? the movies sorted by type or something like that ?
I only put today in order to test AVI files.

Regards.
isagarran
Have you added a media source? Click on "Add Source" in Videos -> Files, set content, choose a scraper and scrape your content to create a new media library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK thanks, it works
I misconfigured the scraper. Hitting "C" , select a category then choosing TheMovieDB as category, it gives the jacket of the movie.
Is there a way to have those movied classified by themes (drame, comedy, horror ... something like that) ? or do I have to classify them by myself before ?
Thank your for your quick reply, it's really nice to see them like that.
regards
isagarran
You mean "Genre" and should happen automatically though I don't use the TMDB scraper, I use the Universal Movie Scraper (which scrapes against IMDB) and which you can install as an add-on then set as your scraper.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yeah, it's exactly what I tried to get. The scraper found some movies with strange names but globally I've a categorized set of movies.
Thanks for your help. Aditionallly if you could tell me how to remove these strange names ? Is it due to the name I gave to the movie that doesn't match exactly to the original name of the movie ?
thanks again.
I don't know what you mean by "strange names" - are these real movies, or phantom entries that don't really exist (what happens if you try to play the movie?) You could try cleaning your database (System -> Settings -> Video -> Clean library) which should remove any movies that no longer exist. If you manually assigned a title, you could try refreshing the movie (press i on the keyboard, then click Refresh).

As I said, I'm not familiar with the TMDB scraper - if you're having problems, try the Universal Movie Scraper. The TMDB website can go offline from time to time which can make scraping a frustrating process, UMS with IMDB is usually more reliable.
Hello,

I installed, activated Universal Movie scraper once you suggested me but I failed to relate it. "strange names" was different names than the real one.
After cleaning the database, I scan again the source video for new movies then I got one movie more identified but now I got twice entries for those identified before.
could you tell me how the name of the movie is identified ? is it based on xxxx.avi or xxx.date.avi, xx.xx.xx.avi, xx xx xx.avi ?
Is there a name imposed ?
regards.
isagarran

"I failed to relate" means "I didn't tell you previously". Sorry for my english.
I use "Movie Name (Year)[Format].avi", eg.

Armageddon (1998)[BDRip].mkv

and that works for me.

You probably need to get rid of your TMDB scraped movies, there are several ways to do this - set content to "None" on the source, which should remove all movies for that source. Also, deleting Database\MyVideos75.db and restarting XBMC will leave you with an empty database, ready to to be populated.

Still not sure about the "strange names" - could it be that these are foreign language movies and it's picking up a title in a different language? Maybe an example would help.
Hello,

Strange is going to be my usual word Smile.
First I got a problem accessing the files in the NAS due to rights that had changed (I changed the name using Filezilla and the rights was set to 600). I changed them to 644 again.
I deleted the MyVideos75.db restarted XBMC.
I put some avi sample files in the NAS and I got "Projet X", "Grimm's snow white", "kavikuyil", "nous n'irons plus au bois", "juhk gaya Aasman" movies in XBMC. Only Project X and Grimm's snow white have a jacket. This is what I saw in the first screen of XBMC ontop MOVIES.
In the NAS , I have :
* Bienvenue.A.Bord.2011.avi
* La Fantastique histoire de Blanche-Neige 2012.avi recognized as Grimm's snow white
* La.secretaire.avi
* Project.X.2012.avi recognized as Project X
* Un.Mari.De.Trop.avi
* VicLeViking.avi
* Yes.Man.avi
So different movies with different ways to name them.
If I go in "recently added Movies" option, I saw also :
* Bienvenue.A.Bord.2011.avi recognized as Bienvenue à Bord

If I go in xbmc.log, I saw many errors :
ERROR : GetVideoDetails: Invalid XML file (want <details>)
ERROR: Failed to open (//videos/.actors) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of //videos failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR (-20)"
ERROR : Getdirectory - Error getting nfs /@IP/pathname/videos/.actors

I don't know if it is related. But hey are errors.
Hope that this will help and it is more accurate.

I appreciate gratly your support.
isagarran
(2013-05-20, 13:36)isagarran Wrote: If I go in xbmc.log, I saw many errors :
ERROR : GetVideoDetails: Invalid XML file (want <details>)
ERROR: Failed to open (//videos/.actors) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIRPLUS of //videos failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR (-20)"
ERROR : Getdirectory - Error getting nfs /@IP/pathname/videos/.actors

Don't worry about the above .actors error - that's something that will be fixed in a future release (currently, XBMC doesn't bother checking if the .actors folder exists and then complains when it doesn't).

As for your movie identification problem, I really don't know what else to suggest. If I were you I would post in the Universal Movie Scraper thread and see if the scraper author can suggest what might be happening.
[SOLVED]

Thank you for help. I ignore the messages as you told me.
I changed the name of the file with the year and all was found correctly.
It seems to look after the format you suggested.
Again thank you !

isagarran
Glad you got it all sorted. Smile
Problem solved using your file norm : "Movie Name (Year).avi". All the files have beend found and categorized properly.
Thank you very much for your help.
regards.
Isagarran

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
simple question about of a list of file on Raspberry pi0