playing music without TV on
Hi

I am newbe. Maybe someone knows how i can configure the sound passtrough
question: when i want to listen to my mp3 music libary i have to switch the TV always on. when i turn of the TV the raspberry is still on but not passing the music to my receiver

installation
rpi with XBMC
HDMi from TV to Rpi
audio cable from Rpi to receiver
The receiver should passthrough. So the audio goes from the pi to the receiver and then to the tv. If you have the tv in the middle, this will not work when switched off. What is connected to what, in your setup?
Might want to try disabling cec to see if that is pausing music when tv is turned off.
If you are passing audio through HDMI to your TV must be on, or you need something like this. Which unfortunately is half the cost of the RPi to begin with.
he mentioned that he has "audio cable from RPi to receiver"
So I guess he needs to switch the audio out to All so analog and HDMI.
He probably havent realized that the sound was coming over HDMI to TV and than passing to receiver and not over analog jack Wink
I think you want to have both actice at the same time HDMI Sound (for TV) and analog sound (listen to music without TV).
Looks like this is possible with XBIAN now.
I did not tried this as I just ordered the RPi after I read dual audio has been introduced with the XBIAN Frodo 12.1 release.
http://xbian.org/2013/03/xbmc-frodo-12-1-more/

Here the link to the latest drop:
http://xbian.org/2013/05/xbmc-frodo-12-2-released/
(2013-05-22, 07:58)rikardo1979 Wrote: He probably havent realized that the sound was coming HDMI to TV and thant passing to receiver and not over analog jack Wink

Just to note, the analog audio out of the Pi is not exactly known for its quality, so depending on this for music or video sound is not ideal. I bought mine with the idea of a headless music source using analog and since learned of the audio out limitations, so unless someone figures out how to run a low cost USB DAC (does not appear likely anytime soon), I think I will be stuck with going through HDMI and TV for audio. If I could find an HDMI DAC that was less than $15 I'd buy it, but I hate to spend much more as it defies my cheapness mentality.
thx for all the comments

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playing music without TV on0