XBMC + Zattoo + Airplay + VPN crashes after 50 seconds
Hi,

I've a curious problem using XBMC+Airplay with my Ipad using Zattoo+VPN.

The stream works fine on the local on the Ipad, so Zattoo and the VPN is working fine and without aborts. But
as far as I stream it to XBMC, it breaks after about 50 seconds. It's never more than 5 seconds longer or shorter
than 50 seconds.

I noticed that there is a buffer process bar in XBMC. The stream is buffered to about 50 seconds and then it stops
buffering. After the process bar reaches the 50 seconds, the stream stops playing.

Has someone an idea to debug this, or a solution? I really want to find out what the problem is, because Airplay
in XBMC is a pretty nice feature!

I've also found out that youtube streaming from the ipad to XBMC without VPN and with VPN is working fine. Thats
a little bit confusing.

Overview what I found out:
- Ipad + Zattoo + XBMC + Airplay but without VPN --> is working fine
- Ipad + Zattoo + VPN + XBMC + Airplay --> only maximum 50 - 55 seconds, then it stops
- Ipad + Zatto local works fine and doesn't break after 50 seconds!
- before it stops, XBMC shows the buffered process bar. the buffer reaches about 50 seconds
- Ipad + Youtube + VPN + XBMC --> works fine (!!! thats confusing, so it's not the vpn)
- Ipad + Youtube + XBMC --> works fine

It seems to me that the bandwidth is causing problems during streaming and to preload the buffer?
Maybe it should also be a multicast problem?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Martin
Could be a variety of network problems caused by the vpn. Why are you using a vpn?
Ok, but if it's the vpn, why is it working locally on the Ipad? Smile
Pulling up a very old thread. I am facing the same issue. Any idea what is driving this?

Anyone knows how this actually works? Is airplay sending the link to the stream (i.e., the device without VPN streams on its own) or is the ipad (with VPN) streaming and then passing on the stream directly to the Kodi client (without VPN)?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + Zattoo + Airplay + VPN crashes after 50 seconds0