Options for Play Next Video File
First of all I appreciate that this function is primarily included to play media comprising of multiple files more seamlessly and in sequence, but I don't use it for this purpose.

I find the ability to play next video file very useful when watching a tv series (plays the next episode), youtube videos (plays in a loop) and listening to music, but would like the option disable it for movies as I feel it has a negative effect and don't see the need to play the next movie.
Press C for context menu, and choose "Play From Here"
Are you suggesting I do this every time?
I don't see the attraction in repeating that process every time, a simple option to disable would be a lot more user friendly and definitely a lot less mundane.
If you think about it, what wgards8 is saying makes sense. "Play next video file" should do so on everything except movies. Doesn't make much sense to play movies in sequence. (I haven't used this feature lately so I'm assuming is functions as wgard8 has said. I did use it at one point but I found it even harder to walk away from the TV as the next episode would just start right up Big Grin )
Depends on what the movie is. I think the real solution here would be just the ability to have some kind of settings grouping for TV and one for movies. I'm not sure if I myself would have a use for it, but I can see how others could use it.
IIRC this features was brought in for movies. So the use case where holiday movies in a folder or so.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I only use this feature for series and not movies.
It's not that frustrating that it plays next movie but i would prefer it being set for certain sections.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Options for Play Next Video File0