Recently added videos out of order
Hello everyone

So according to this this has been changed for Frodo. So I did what it says in the wiki and put that advancedsettings.xml in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/. But it didn't change a thing.

I run Frodo 12.2 Git: 20130502-32b1a5e (Compiled: May 2 2013) (it was the same for 12.0 and 12.1) on an ATV2 with ATV software 4.2.1 (2100)
Here's my debug log.

Any help would be appreciated. This drives me nuts. The only way the recently added movies section is useful for me is when it shows you the recently added movies. Not depending on any file dates.

Thanks.
Did you rescan your entire library?
Also noticed your log advancedsettings.xml is never loaded because you didn't create it like it was explained
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When I went from Eden to Frodo, I uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC to make a fresh start. Then I rescanned my library. And scanning in general works. But if I add some older movies, they don't appear in the "recently added movies" section. I have to then go through my whole library to see if the movie was actually added.
Same for TV shows as well btw.
See the extra comments I added.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Then this seems to be the problem I guess?
Where do I go wrong? I open TextEdit on OSX, paste

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

into the document and save it as advancedsettings.xml. Do I need a special app or anything? I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this, sorry.
Did you save it as a plain text file or as a rich text file? It has to be a plain text file.
(2013-05-21, 22:47)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you save it as a plain text file or as a rich text file? It has to be a plain text file.

It was rich text. Changed it to a plain text file and now it works as it should, thanks a lot! Maybe they should add that in the wiki?
I added the file. I checked the debug log. It did load advancedsettings and showed the coded loaded. I restarted xbmc and nothing changed. It is still showing it out of order.
Hi there I was interested in what is meant by "file dates" under the wiki link? Why the change?
Never mind, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154541

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added videos out of order0