Can't add source.
Hello,
I'm a relatively new user. I've gotten most of what I know about XBMC either from my friend who introduced me to it or from watching videos on YouTube. I'm currently using Frodo version 12.2. I've run into a problem and I was hoping you could help. I can no longer add source. When I go to System > File manager and click add source, it turns yellow but nothing happens. I waited several minutes thinking maybe it was just being buggy but that didn't help. I'm thinking it might have something to do with what I did to solve my previous problem. I installed and ran the third party XBMC Maintenance tool in order to clean out my cache. I believe it was created by Mikey1234 (I could be wrong about that). If you need it, I can post a screenshot to help you figure out which program I'm using. I could use some help figuring out how to do that as well.

(Edit): Here's the link I used to install XBMC Maintenance and how to use it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuBd73MLY7A
Are you trying to add a video source?
That addon is from a different, unofficial XBMC site. We do not and can not provide support on it here.

I think you are trying to add a source in the wrong way.

Adding_videos_to_the_library#Adding_and_managing_videos (wiki) explains how to add and manage video sources.
Ned, yes I am. Kibje, I am trying to add a new source the proper way, but I think that the program I downloaded is interfering with it. As I said previously, "When I go to System > File manager and click add source, it turns yellow but nothing happens. I waited several minutes thinking maybe it was just being buggy but that didn't help."

Edit: The only reason that I installed that program to begin with was because XBMC wasn't working and it told me my cache was full. When I searched YouTube to figure out how to clear my cache that's what came up.
XBMC's cache is emptied when you press stop on the remote. Other add-ons might have a cache, which is what that program is talking about.

If you want to add a video source then you won't do it through the File manager under system. See the wiki link Kibje posted.
(2013-05-24, 23:55)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC's cache is emptied when you press stop on the remote. Other add-ons might have a cache, which is what that program is talking about.

If you want to add a video source then you won't do it through the File manager under system. See the wiki link Kibje posted.

This is what I'm talking about, it's from the link that Kibje provided:

Media Sources are virtual links to the content you wish XBMC to use. When you enter any of the Videos, Music, Pictures or the Filemanager, you will see an entry for "Add Sources". When you first start with XBMC you should at least add one source, like a drive or directory on your XBMC device to get you started.

If you select "Add sources" a dialog appears, where you may manually input a path, or browse to a source that contains media that you would like XBMC to use and display. As an example, if you enter the Music section, you could tell XBMC where it should look for your music. This can be as simple as selecting a folder on your computer or you can also choose to browse your home network for media. These two options would be the most widely used places for sources.

When I click on Add Source the dialog box to type in the url does not appear. There is no remote either, I'm using this on my Windows 7 computer. Currently the only filepath I'm using is Fusion I wanted to add a new one.
If you think this caused by the maintenance addon then go to xbmchub and ask there.
(2013-05-25, 01:15)nickr Wrote: If you think this caused by the maintenance addon then go to xbmchub and ask there.

Thanks. I just did.
You need to go to Videos -> Files -> add videos.

You're trying to do it from the File manager, and that won't let you add video sources.
Double click
Hi,

After installing XBMC, onto Galaxy Note II (Android), I have have to install "Fusion" from a zip file.

So, I open;
System
File Manager
and then press "Add Source" - at this point a dialog box should appear to allow "“http://fusion.xbmchub.com" to be entered etc -
But the dialog box does not appearHuh I've tried closing XBMC, restarting the Note II but I still cannot enter the "Fusion" path above.

Anyone any ideas?
That's not our stuff and we can't help you with it here. See this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_HUB_Wizard
artrafael -

Thanks for getting back to me, but I managed to fix it myself - you have to long press down on "add source" for the dialog box to appear -

I am (what we call people in Ireland) a spanner !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add source.0