setup nextpvr to record satalite tv
I want to know how to setup nextpvr to record satalite tv I tried but it wont let me
Where exactly are you having a problem?

Have you been to the Settings->Devices screen and scanned for you channels?
I tried record on xbmc with nextprv client it said it was recording but when I tried to play it did not play
So you've setup NextPVR, and can see your channels? Can you record in NextPVR itself?
I got a hd antenna on a tv card and I can see the channels for that and a haupauge hdpvr it shows only1 channel for directv I use the directv remote on that to change channels on the tv card I use the keyboard
So you've got two devices, and two sources of channels? ATSC channels via tuner card, and a DirecTV channels via a Hauppauge HDPVR?

It's hard to know exactly what problem you're having, but from this most recent info you've added, are you trying to work out how to get your directv box to change channels automatically when recording satellite channels? or is it something else you need help with? You need to be more descriptive.
what I want to know how can I record directv I can record the hd tv tuner card channels fine but not directv at all for directv I only can add one channel I can watch directv on that channel when I want to watch a different directv channel I use the directv remote it changes the channel on the directv box that's ok I just want to know if I can record the channel from directv box I got the haupauge hdpvr hook up on the directv
Usually with that type of setup, you'd typically import a list of channels (from either an xmltv file or from your schedules direct account), and configure it to use an IR blaster so that it can tell the directv box to change channels when required. After this you'll see all of the channels listed in the TV Guide, and your set top box will change channels when you're recording etc.

There is several different options for IR blaster. You'd probably want to start with the Hauppauge IR blaster, since it came with your HDPVR. I don't use a blaster myself, but from memory you need to run Hauppauge's IR blaster configuration utility to select your set top box type, and test that it can control your box, then in NextPVR's Settings->Devices->HDPVR screen, configure it to use the 'HDPVR IR Blaster' channel changer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup nextpvr to record satalite tv0