Problems and Issues
Hi all,

My apologies ahead of time if this turns out to not be AN's fault or issue or only partially so but I have to start somewhere.

I use AN as you can tell and it is excellent. However I've been tearing my hair out with a number of issues. I freely accept this may well be PEBCAK but I've searched and tried all I can to no avail. Anything anyone can do to help or suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Problem 1 - Smart Lists
The smart lists work fine in the sense that they filter what I would expect. The problem with them is two fold.
  1. If a smart list contains a directory with more than one film in (e.g Harry Potter/Harry Potter 1....Harry Potter 2....HP3 etc.) then the Smart List doesn't allow me to assign a Set Cover. In fact Smart Lists dont see or recognise Set's at all. Why? How do I get Set's to show in a Smart List?
  2. Smart Lists seem to ignore sort order (as does Frodo it seems, more on that later) so when I go into a subdirectory such as Harry Potter the films are not in the right order even if I set it to "Date" as the date in this instance refers to the filename date, not the film release date.
Problem 2 - Submenu's
I don't want to use "Video" as a menu on my main page as it's very confusing for people who don't understand it. However it seems it's the only way to actually edit a smart list in GUI without resorting to text file editing. Theres no way I could see to add the Custom Playist menu item without adding the "default" Movies submenu.

Problem 3 - Folder, File and Season Thumbnails
I have a fairly obvious approach to TV series. Series Name > Season n > Episode. After a huge amount of experimenting to figure out why season folder thumbnails were not showing I worked out the ONLY file out of about 10 I tried that would definitely work was "poster.jpg". Why is this? In Frodo, what are the exact requirements for location and thumbnails for a
  • Series Name Folder
  • Season Folder
  • Episode
The wiki and the forums seem to have a huge number of variations and it's all changed in recent versions. I don't believe the wiki is accurate (or I didn't read it right of course).

Problem 4 - Folder View
If I change the viewtype from Tripanel to List in one submenu, it changes that view for ALL submenu views at the same level. So if I have <Series 1>/<Season 1>/<Episode N> and <Series 2>/<Season 1>/<Episode N> and I go and change the setting from List to Tripanel in the Series 1 Episode level, Series 2 Episode view will also get changed. This doesn't seem to be consistent though.

Those are my main problems at the moment and as mentioned, any help with them would be gratefully accepted

Thanks

G
Smart playlist are not the same as movie sets. Information for movie sets come from your movies nfo's, as do the order in which they are displayed/sorted. I use a media manager to do this.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets
(2013-05-22, 10:04)prawnee Wrote: Smart playlist are not the same as movie sets. Information for movie sets come from your movies nfo's, as do the order in which they are displayed/sorted. I use a media manager to do this.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets

Yep, I've been using Ember MM for about 2 years and I've used Filebot (and TheRenamer prior to that) for file renaming for about 3. Every single film and every single video has a unique .nfo file which came as a consequence of the XBMC database corrupting/getting polluted (which it seems to ALL the time)

I know SPL's are not the same as Sets but I would still expect SPL's to honor Set information if it exists in the NFO (hence my thread in the first place) Smile If a SPL selects "All SciFi" and I have Alien Quadrilogy in it I would expect AQ to appear as a Set. It does under the Video section but not as a SPL.

Thanks for the input though.

G
(2013-05-22, 01:59)xxGBHxx Wrote: Problem 1 - Smart Lists
The smart lists work fine in the sense that they filter what I would expect. The problem with them is two fold.
  1. If a smart list contains a directory with more than one film in (e.g Harry Potter/Harry Potter 1....Harry Potter 2....HP3 etc.) then the Smart List doesn't allow me to assign a Set Cover. In fact Smart Lists dont see or recognise Set's at all. Why? How do I get Set's to show in a Smart List?
I'm also using smart playlists (3 differents ones : animated, parents movies, children movies) and I can change the cover set by pressing C on the movie set :

I have build my one bluray case with Gimp to have the same look as a normal movie.

Quote:
  • Smart Lists seem to ignore sort order (as does Frodo it seems, more on that later) so when I go into a subdirectory such as Harry Potter the films are not in the right order even if I set it to "Date" as the date in this instance refers to the filename date, not the film release date.
  • And I can change sort order in movie set :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
    Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
    Thanks for the response.

I decided to delete all the playlists I had and re-do all the menus (again!) with new ones. That seems to have partially sorted the problem on Sets. Also as it's now showing Sets properly the files inside are also listing in the right order so many thanks for that. One little quirk though is that for some directories it read in fine, for others (like Harry Potter) it refused to even see a single film until I took them all out of /Harry Potter/<film> into the root of that folder. Going back and using Video Folder however loses the set information again. At least it's a partial solution Smile

The other issues still remain however

G

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
    Problems and Issues0