Known audio problems: where to look for updates?
I continue to have intermittent audio problems, and I would like to be helpful and not a nuisance about it. I understand that the audio problems in OS X are well known, and I understand there are no developers that have had the time or ability to apply fixes. So rather than trying nightlies every once in a while, and trying each point release, only to have each of them ultimately fail, is there somewhere I should check to see if there have been any developments in the audio problems? Is the OS X FAQ the correct place to look for updates on whether there has been time put in on this problem?

I only ask because I am trying to avoid retrying new builds, having them fail, and then me (and others) asking about it in these forums. It seems unnecessary and counterproductive to keep trying new builds and submitting reports on this forum when no one has done anything to address it yet. And I am happy to test and report back with logs when there is something to test, but I'm just wasting everyone's time if there really is no progress to test.
We will hold a parade when all audio issues on Mac OS X are fixed. Or at least make a sticky post and update the Mac OS X FAQ (wiki).
Yay, Ned :-) i'm looking forward to celebrating that day :-) Does your answer signify that there is developers working on the audio issue? I got the impression that no-one could fix it, and we shouldn't expect any progress (?)
I don't know if anyone is working on it right now, but it's not like these issues will never get fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Known audio problems: where to look for updates?0