Can I turn off the "Would you like to keep this resolution" message dialog?
Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to turn off the "Would you like to keep this resolution" message dialog?

Being that I use XBMC on a PC, and I am often switching between full screen and windowed mode, I find the dialog a bit of an annoyance (especially during video playback where it freezes the video). I'd be happy to post a debug log, but I think this is generic expected behavior...

Thanks!
I do the same thing quite a bit. I think they have that confirmation for the same reason Windows does. If you accidentally select an unsupported resolution and can no longer see your screen to accept the change, then it can revert back. Otherwise you would have to force shutdown and reset all of the settings to default to restart XBMC.

I think a much BETTER solution would be to add a "Minimize" option to the shutdown settings window so the list would look like I have below. This would allow an easy way to get back to the desktop without having to exit and restart or having to change resolution every time.

Minimize --THIS WOULD BE NEW
Exit
PowerOffSystem
Custom Shutdown Timer
Suspend
Reboot
The dialog is going to be disabled for switching between windowed and full screen mode. I thought it was already in latest nightlies, but I'm not sure.
Thanks a lot Ned. You guys are awesome! I'm running the latest available nightly (20130521) so I guess it hasn't made it in just yet.
What about adding a "Minimize" option to the Power menu?
That can be added at a skin level. Some skins already provide total customization of the shutdown menu and have options not normally seen. I have no idea if any have minimize there.
(2013-05-24, 11:27)Ned Scott Wrote: That can be added at a skin level. Some skins already provide total customization of the shutdown menu and have options not normally seen. I have no idea if any have minimize there.

Are there some instructions somewhere how I can edit the default Confluence skin to add the Minimize option? If I can do it myself, that would be awesome.
* Ned Scott shrugs

I don't know much about skinning, I'm afraid.
Running xbcm 13.0-alpha4 git:20130531 on osx 10.7 and I can affirm it is an annoying message dialog.
However when I go to trac.xbmc.org I do not seem to find a bug related to this.
Am I just searching wrongly or do I need to add it?
It should already be fixed, try a nightly or wait for the June Alpha 5 snapshot which will be available soon.
I'll be patient, previous time i did a nightly other things did not work Wink
(2013-07-01, 12:39)jjd-uk Wrote: It should already be fixed, try a nightly or wait for the June Alpha 5 snapshot which will be available soon.

I just compiled last night and I can confirm the issue is still there in Ubuntu at least. When I bounce between XBMC and emulators I have to confirm resolution upon returning to XBMC. It's not the end of the world and I prefer to test new features with nightlies instead of using the most current stable, but I just wanted to follow up so someone knows that the issue is still there. Thanks
(2013-07-05, 07:19)Aubrien Wrote:
(2013-07-01, 12:39)jjd-uk Wrote: It should already be fixed, try a nightly or wait for the June Alpha 5 snapshot which will be available soon.

I just compiled last night and I can confirm the issue is still there in Ubuntu at least. When I bounce between XBMC and emulators I have to confirm resolution upon returning to XBMC. It's not the end of the world and I prefer to test new features with nightlies instead of using the most current stable, but I just wanted to follow up so someone knows that the issue is still there. Thanks

I have the same issue, albeit with a mid-June copy of XBMC.
It might have snuck back in, because I see it too on Mac OS X nightly builds.
I tried apha 5 and it still has the message popup at me every time I go back to fullscreen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I turn off the "Would you like to keep this resolution" message dialog?0