Win Silent Streaming HTPC + Video Card Advice
Hi there,
My first post here while lurking for a few years.

I just ordered my storage server (8 TB Cool), and now it's time to build my HTPC.
Purpose; Stream (via iSCSI) from my storage server + maybe little use of Dolpin emulator etc.

The hardware config I have so far;

Intel Core i3 3220 Boxed
ASRock B75 Pro3-M
Lite-On IHOS104 (4x, SATA-150, dual-layer, Zwart, OEM)[/td]
Samsung 840 series SSD 120GB
Power Supply; One of these;
be quiet! System Power 7 400W
Seasonic G-Serie 360Watt

Case of choice:
Epsilon EC-HTPC-1 microATX case

This is the config I was thinking of.

But I can't think of a good video card. With this case it has to be low profile, but maybe you guys know an other case which is better?
The video card HAS to be capable of decoding Full HD SBS 3D / 4K / DTS-HD / HD Audio, etc, and if it can run some emulated games with Dolpin that's nice.

Can someone recommend me a good videocard. I was thinking of a nVidia GT 640. My brand of choice is nVidia btw.
And the case has to be quiet btw hehe.

Thanks if someone has some advice for me.
Are you sure you need a video card with i3-3220 and B75? I have used same combo without separate video card and it can even pass through dolby true HD and dts hd ma with 1080p video.
Thanks for your reply.
Well. I just want to be sure everything runs well with Full HD SBS 3D, and I can emulate Wii / GC games.
I think those CUDA cores come in handy then.

You don't think?
There are reports here of the i3-3225 working well for emulators with the integrated Intel HD4000 GPU.

If you do add a video-card, there is no real advantage to a i3-3220 over a G2120 in that configuration for what you want to do with the system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent Streaming HTPC + Video Card Advice0