Need some advice about my HTPC + XBMC setup ..
Recently (a few days ago) I created my own HTPC, with the following specs.

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M
CPU cooler: Scythe Shuriken Rev. B
CPU : AMD A4-5300 (FM2) 3.4 GHz, TDP 65W
Video : AMD Radeon HD 7480D integrated in CPU
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB
Power: be quiet! System Power 7 300W

Everything works fine, no heat issues or anything.
I installed XBMCBUNTU on my HTPC, but now I experience some issues when I am working with things like emulators.
At one point, I like the closed session for XBMC boot, but when I switch session to 'Xbmcbuntu' and I set up a PS2 emulator for example, I can just configure enything trough the original GUI.
After that, I switch bach to the XBMC session (already tired of switching), and used 'Advanced ' to boot a PS2 rom.
Now I see the PCSX2 welcome screen right in the middle of my XBMC OS.
And I cannot manage anything because I am in XBMC, without any window server.

Perhaps this can be fixed with copying a configuration file around, but these things start to irritate me, and I am thinking, did I make the right decision to choose for Xbmcbuntu instead of a regular Ubuntu install with XBMC on top of it.
In this situation I also cannot use my Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard properly.
After a lot of package installs, tweaks, bluetooth frustrations I got it to work, but it only pairs once in the 30 times I try to use it.

I don't know if a regular Ubuntu install has already better support for this, since this version is obviously quite stripped down.
Same goes for my WiiMote. Links perfectly to XBMC with button 1 + 2 pressed, but when I go to bluetooth, I cannot pair it (asks for authentication) so I can only use it in Ubuntu and not in anything else like Dolphin emulator.

Does anyone has some suggestions for me which makes my installation a bit more close to perfect?
Is it worth starting clean from Ubuntu, and reinstall everything like Apache, PHP, MySQL, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, SabNZBd etc?

The reason i'm asking is, it's only 4 days ago I did setup this system, to reïnstall now would be easier then when a few months has been passing by ..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=116996 <- check that out
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some advice about my HTPC + XBMC setup ..0