Solved OK to leave XBMC running constantly on HTPC?
(2013-05-28, 16:59)turnerm Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 15:41)Kibje Wrote: You could consider scheduling a weekly reboot - maybe something like sundaymorning at 6 AM,when everyone is sleeping.

Yea, but then I'd have to log back into the machine after the reboot and startup XBMC. Anyway to solve this by scheduling a reboot?
Solved by setting the machine up to log in and start xbmc all on its lonesome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I thought it went without saying you would then need to set it up to automatically login to XBMC

I just googled this, not sure how well it would work: http://cybernetnews.com/xbmc-run-boot-xb...windows-8/
(2013-05-29, 00:12)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 16:59)turnerm Wrote: Yea, but then I'd have to log back into the machine after the reboot and startup XBMC. Anyway to solve this by scheduling a reboot?

run netplwiz, uncheck the box "users must enter password" and apply, move xbmc shortcut to startup folder in start menu

Awesome. I'll give this a shot!
Awesome! Thanks for all the tips fellas! I now have my machine set to reboot every morning at 5am and automagically load XBMC without needing to login to the machine. This is also super helpful for when I remote into the machine as well. I can simply reboot when I exit and XBMC will be sitting there ready for use!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OK to leave XBMC running constantly on HTPC?0