is my python working?
Big Grin 
ok, im not real sure what the deal is, but im using the 11/07/2005 v of pimped xbmc and when i ftp into my xbox, i see the drives c,d,e, & f
where e has apps, cache, music, scripts, tdata, udata, & videos
apps has my /xbmc/python and /xbmc/scripts directory...

is this first off correct for the python? or should they be elsewhere?

if its correct, well, either the scripts are not working or im doing it all wrong to execute them...

i go to my files and browse to the e/apps/xbmc/scripts folder and go to a folder and hilight a *.py file and hit the [a] button. nothing happens. i even try all my buttons.. nothing happens. i have tried alot of different *.py files...

what am i doing wrong?
just go to the xbmc directory, and then scripts directory, and the scripts should all be there. if not, add them and then execute them in xbmc. to do this, all you have to do is when it loads, push right on the controller and then a and then go to the script folder that you want to open and open it... good luck.
i\'m a lame spammer, and i\'m now banned. kthx bye
hi,

i'm seeing the same thing. there is a little padlock in the file browser next to all the .py files and they won't run. is there some kind of security thing here that someone can help me with?

thanks,
tom

ps. i should add i'm using cvs latest of xbmc as of about 30 mins ago. i used to be able to run scripts with my old 2005-04-11 build.

(wiresncode @ dec. 16 2005,08:38 Wrote:ps. i should add i'm using cvs latest of xbmc as of about 30 mins ago. i used to be able to run scripts with my old 2005-04-11 build.
ok the answer to my problem is obvious. the build script doesn't add python by default, you need to add it by hand each time you upgrade.

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....&v=1ct1
(wiresncode @ dec. 16 2005,08:38 Wrote:hi,

i'm seeing the same thing. there is a little padlock in the file browser next to all the .py files and they won't run. is there some kind of security thing here that someone can help me with?

thanks,
tom

ps. i should add i'm using cvs latest of xbmc as of about 30 mins ago. i used to be able to run scripts with my old 2005-04-11 build.
where is the cvs located?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is my python working?0