Random Fanart for Movies/TV not showing on homescreen
I've got two media centers running XBMC 12.2. Both are xbmcbuntu with Aeon Nox for the theme. They also use mysql library. When I use the main menu customizer, and select the Movies item, I choose the random movies option for the background. And I pick the random episodes option for the TV shows background. When I exit out to the home screen, I only see a black background when I scroll over either of those items in the main menu. All of my fan art shows up just fine when I'm browsing through movies or tv shows though. Does anyone know what might cause this to happen?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Bump
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
(2013-05-25, 22:53)ghostelement Wrote: I've got two media centers running XBMC 12.2. Both are xbmcbuntu with Aeon Nox for the theme. They also use mysql library. When I use the main menu customizer, and select the Movies item, I choose the random movies option for the background. And I pick the random episodes option for the TV shows background. When I exit out to the home screen, I only see a black background when I scroll over either of those items in the main menu. All of my fan art shows up just fine when I'm browsing through movies or tv shows though. Does anyone know what might cause this to happen?

You could try my work around found Here and see if that works for you.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
has it ever worked? I get that sometimes as i also a mysql database and the random acts come up but it's never consistent
(2013-06-03, 23:33)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 22:53)ghostelement Wrote: I've got two media centers running XBMC 12.2. Both are xbmcbuntu with Aeon Nox for the theme. They also use mysql library. When I use the main menu customizer, and select the Movies item, I choose the random movies option for the background. And I pick the random episodes option for the TV shows background. When I exit out to the home screen, I only see a black background when I scroll over either of those items in the main menu. All of my fan art shows up just fine when I'm browsing through movies or tv shows though. Does anyone know what might cause this to happen?

You could try my work around found Here and see if that works for you.

do you mind highlighting what needs to be changed in variables and myvideonav? Also will the work with the official 12.2 or only with git?
This is for Aeon Nox GIT version 4.1.9 adding extrafanart, Frodo version doesn't matter...

Open variables.xml

Find:
Code:
<variable name="VideoFanartVar">
        <value condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode) + !Skin.HasSetting(NoVideoLibraryFanart) + [Container.Content(tags) | Container.Content(directors) | Container.Content(actors) | Container.Content(genres) | Container.Content(studios) | Container.Content(countries) | Container.Content(years)]">$INFO[Control.GetLabel(4324)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(genres)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/video/fanart/,.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(years)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/year/video/fanart/,.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="[Container.Content(MusicVideos) | Container.Content(Artists) | Container.Content(Albums)]">$VAR[MusicVideosFanartVar]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(NoVideoLibraryFanart) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosBackground)]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(NoVideoLibraryFanart)">special://skin/backgrounds/videos/</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">special://skin/backgrounds/programs/</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosBackground)]</value>
        <value>special://skin/backgrounds/videos/</value>
    </variable>

Replace with:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN Add Extra Fanart -->
    <variable name="VideoExtraFanartVar">
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,../extrafanart/]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(genres)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/video/fanart/,.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(years)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/year/video/fanart/,.jpg]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="VideoFanartVar">
        <value condition="[Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)]">$VAR[TVShowFanartVar]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies)">$VAR[MovieFanartVar]</value>
        <value condition="[Container.Content(MusicVideos) | Container.Content(Artists) | Container.Content(Albums)]">$VAR[MusicVideosFanartVar]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(NoVideoLibraryFanart) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosBackground)]</value>
        <value condition="Skin.HasSetting(NoVideoLibraryFanart)">special://skin/backgrounds/videos/</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">special://skin/backgrounds/programs/</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Skin.String(VideosBackground))">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosBackground)]</value>
        <value>special://skin/backgrounds/videos/</value>
    </variable>
<!-- END Add Extra Fanart -->

Open MyVideoNav.xml

Find:
Code:
<control type="group">
            <visible>!Control.IsVisible(516) + !Window.IsActive(movieinformation)</visible>
            <control type="multiimage">
                <imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/videos/">$VAR[VideoFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="12000" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbg)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-15,-15" end="15,15" time="6000" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbg)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="50" time="640">Hidden</animation>
                <visible>!Control.IsVisible(4200) + !Control.IsVisible(4201)</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="multiimage" id="4201">
                <imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/movies/">$VAR[MovieFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="12000" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbg)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-15,-15" end="15,15" time="6000" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbg)">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(sets)</visible>
            </control>
             <control type="multiimage" id="4200">
                <imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/tvshows/">$VAR[TVShowFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>
            </control>
                <imagepath background="true">$VAR[VideoExtraFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <visible>[Container.Content(musicvideos) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartmusicvideos)] | [Container.Content(seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartseasons)] | [Container.Content(episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartepisodes)]</visible>
                <visible>!SubString(ListItem.Label,*,left) + [Substring(Container.FolderPath,videodb://,left) | Substring(Container.FolderPath,special://profile/playlist,left)]</visible>
            </control>

<include condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode)">InteractiveNodeCases</include>
         <include condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode)">NodeFadeLabels</include>

</control>

Replace with:
Code:
<!-- BEGIN Add Extra Fanart -->
<control type="group">
            <visible>!Control.IsVisible(516)</visible>
                <imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/videos/">$VAR[VideoFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <visible>!Window.IsActive(movieinformation)</visible>
            </control>
                <imagepath background="true">$VAR[VideoExtraFanartVar]</imagepath>
                <visible>[Container.Content(musicvideos) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartmusicvideos)] | [Container.Content(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartmovies)] | [Container.Content(tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartseries)] | [Container.Content(seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartseasons)] | [Container.Content(episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(extrafanartepisodes)]</visible>
                <visible>!SubString(ListItem.Label,*,left) + [Substring(Container.FolderPath,videodb://,left) | Substring(Container.FolderPath,special://profile/playlist,left)]</visible>
            </control>

<include condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode)">InteractiveNodeCases</include>
         <include condition="skin.hassetting(backendmode)">NodeFadeLabels</include>

</control>
<!-- END Add Extra Fanart -->

Backup your files first just in case.. this is what works for me... for adding extrafanart to the drop down panels (like in showcase, landscape views etc) see my post Here If you want extrafanart in all views, you need both posts.

There may have been a error in post above, I replaced it just in case (if it worked for you then no error I guess lol, if it didnt, try again with updated edits)
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Hi,

I'm having the same issue but am also using path substitution for my fanart as the HDD is too small. It seems that on one machine, I can see everything but random music fanart and on the other, I can see everything but random movie fanart. This may have something to do with the fact that I added the music and movie libraries from different machines.

Do the linked solutions work on 13.1 for Android with Aeon Nox 5?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Fanart for Movies/TV not showing on homescreen0