Movie Set Thumbnail Standard
I think we should have a movie set thumbnail standard in XBMC like we do for poster/banner/fanart. i.g. [filename]-(movieset).(png/jpg) or [filename]-(moviecollection).(png/jpg) This will allow for automatic setting of movie sets thumbnails if there is a file available instead of manually setting each one. There maybe an add-on but this should be a standard.
+1

also, as a backup, i think there should be a built in function that uses one of the set's videos cover/fanart if there is not one specific to the set. there is an addon that does this currently, but i think having it in the core would alleviate some issues with people who do not search the forums.
It is often hard to find the information you are looking for in the forums. It would make life much easier to just name the file correctly and you are done. I am not sure how hard this would be to code but it seams they are already doing basically the same process for the poster/banner/fanart. I realize the you would have to manually download the image, name the file correctly and put it in the proper folder with the movie to make it work. In my mind it would be a matter of setting a standard naming convention for that file and using it as the movie set thumbnail during the scan process.
There already is an add on for Movie Set Artwork but in terms of standard naming,
I am trying to do this with a patch I have written so XBMC will auto scrape set artwork, see HERE
(2013-05-29, 01:06)monty68 Wrote: There already is an add on for Movie Set Artwork but in terms of standard naming,
I am trying to do this with a patch I have written so XBMC will auto scrape set artwork, see HERE

Thank you for the information i will look at your postings and give input if I can/needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set Thumbnail Standard0